Oliefilter deksel

Benniebeun

Hi, ik probeer mijn Oliefilterdeksel los te krijgen. Gebruik hier de originele MGtool voor maar het ding geeft geen krimp. Mogelijk lang niet opengeweest en door corrosie vast gaan zitten ?! Wie heeft hier ervaring mee en ideeen? Tips worden gewaardeerd. Grtz Ben

1 hour ago, Benniebeun said:

Hi, ik probeer mijn Oliefilterdeksel los te krijgen. Gebruik hier de originele MGtool voor maar het ding geeft geen krimp. Mogelijk lang niet opengeweest en door corrosie vast gaan zitten ?! Wie heeft hier ervaring mee en ideeen? Tips worden gewaardeerd. Grtz Ben

Een scherpe slag met een hamer van 1/2 kg met een fuseestang of lange ringsleutel op het gereedschap, wees voorzichtig. Je kunt ook de carterplaat helemaal verwijderen om het filter te vervangen.

Phil

• Thanks 1

I changed my oil last week, and I had that same issue.

I was unable to remove the oil filter access cover using the MG Cycle driver. This tool is actually made of relatively soft material, and because there is not much depth, I could not really apply torque without the driver slipping, rounding the edges.

I filed the driver to make sure it went all the way in, and I cleaned the cover properly. Using a tube on my ratchet wrench, I finally got it.

If you have someone to help you, make sure the driver tool is held "in the axe" , so you are applying the torque properly.

If you have the ability to rent tools, you may try to use a right angle impact wrench. Proceeding cautiously, lowest setting first, and making sure the driver is properly inside the cover.

This is a standard thread, fine pitch, and there is an o'ring to guarantee the sealing. There should be no need to put a lot of torque.

I found the Moto Guzzi oil filter change photos, and the original tool they sold to do it was operated by a standard L shaped Allen wrench. Less force moment than my 1/2" ratchet wrench...

Note that Guzzi recommends to tighten the oil filter by hand!

Removing oil filter Guzzi V series

Edited by p6x

I went to NAPA and bought a 26mm head ( 1'') nut to use to remove the cover on mine .  make sure it fits snug and not too loose.

Dank heren voor de tips,

met behulp van een friend voor het stabiliseren van de MG-tool, een busje instant-freeze voor het bevriezen van de deksel, een verlenging op de sleutel en een paar voorzichtige tikken van de hamer is de deksel inmiddels los.

Is bij jullie bekend wat het aanhaal moment voor deze deksel moet zijn?  Ik ga uit van niet te vast +/- 15 - 20 Nm, maar das een gok.

1 hour ago, Benniebeun said:

Ik ga uit van niet te vast +/- 15 - 20 Nm, maar das een gok.

It is a fine pitch, there is an o'ring to ensure sealing, and again, look at the Allen wrench in the Guzzi illustration. That's all the force you need.

I looked up the recommended torques, and there aren't any indicated for that cover.

I'd say 15 Nm should be plenty.

The oil filter access porthole has such a fine thread on a large diameter that the risk of cross threading as you refit it is high. Better to drop the sump. Then you can properly tighten the new filter.

11 minutes ago, MartyNZ said:

The oil filter access porthole has such a fine thread on a large diameter that the risk of cross threading as you refit it is high. Better to drop the sump. Then you can properly tighten the new filter.

The cover is a bit of a pain to start the threads but there's no way in hell I'm removing the whole sump to change the filter. I'd rather use care starting the thread correctly than do that. You can always mark the location of where the proper thread start is on the cap and sump to assist the process of re installing the cap. 

Phil

• Like 1

A lot of people remove the oil pan to swap out the filter . they install a hose clamp on the filter to prevent the filter from backing off .  

I've done it both ways . Now I stick with one brand of filter and one filter socket and stick with it .  A person wants to install the filter and make sure it is SNUG upon installation. To keep from crossthreading the cover , push it up against the oil pan and start rotating it like you are unscrewing it . You will hear or feel a click . This is when the leading edge of the threads on the cover and oil pan pass . Stop turning the cover and start rotating it clockwise . You will (hopefully) never mess up the threads again .

• Like 4

On 7/20/2024 at 12:14 PM, gstallons said:

I went to NAPA and bought a 26mm head ( 1'') nut to use to remove the cover on mine .  make sure it fits snug and not too loose.

If I recall correctly the axle nuts can be used to create a "tool" for the filter cover = 27mm . . .

• Like 1

A coupling bolt for 5/8" all-thread makes a more usable alternative, but the right tool fits perfectly.

• Like 1

Or a 27mm nut welded to a bolt. Good grip and close to the pan.
Cheers Tom. c9c9172b12f4b5ba7a5737d2a9bcb6bb.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

IMG_9772.jpegNiet verwacht

Niet verwacht dat ook het verwijderen van een oliefilter ingewikkeld was. MG-dealer had een ander type onmogelijk dus tool werkte niet :(. Beetje huisvlijt heeft dit opgelost

Edited by Benniebeun
  • Like 2