New Moto Guzzi Dealer: Moto San Diego

Scud

BMW Motorcycles of Escondido is now renamed Moto San Diego, and they have expanded their line-up to include Moto Guzzi and Aprilia, instead of being a one-brand shop.

https://www.motosandiego.com/

At the moment, they are only showing five Moto Guzzis and five Aprilias in stock. But I think it's worth a ride over tomorrow morning on a Moto Guzzi, just to get acquainted.

This shop tried carrying some Piaggio brands several years ago, but it failed. I don't know the circumstances, but I think that was at a time that a lot of people were complaining about how hard it was to work with Piaggio. Hopefully things are better now.

This shop is right around the corner from Moto Forza, which carries Ducati, Husqvarna, Triumph, MV Agusta, Royal Enfield, Vespa.

Previously, my closest Moto Guzzi (GP Motorcycles) was 30 miles away. Now I have one only 14 miles away. Much closer....

Edited by Scud
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Scud said:

how hard it was to work with Piaggio.

That's the reason why the Triumph/Suzuki dealership I go to said about Piaggio. They wanted to bring in Aprilia but Piaggio said you have to also carry Moto Guzzi and Piaggio Scooters too. It is a package deal.

Unfortunately, they don't want Moto Guzzi as the yearly sales number are too low, said the sales manager. Mancuso Powersports used to have Aprilia but no more.

That leaves Full Throttle as the sole Moto Guzzi / Aprilia / Piaggio dealership in the Houston area.

They only have three Moto Guzzi in the "new" inventory; 1 Stelvio and 2 2023 models V85TT.

Edited by p6x

The unfortunate reality is #s ...... Browsing / shopping .  Sales volume , profit margin and accessories / apparel.

Does a MG dealership factor into that ?  

We happen to be in town for a few days of R&R…this sounds like a good excuse to go over and see the shop and grab a coffee nearby in the morning as well since we are very close by.  I am hoping they might offer rentals at some point for the next  visit…last time I was in town I rented a Triumph Bonneville from a dealer in San Diego but would love to rent a newer Guzzi next time! 

• Like 1

FYI , H-D dealerships operate in the black because of apparel . This salesman said "I can't sell everyone that comes through the door a bike , but they will buy clothing to show they have been here"!