V85TT vs BMW R1300GS [emoji28]

Have to say its kinda true, and i love the fact that the guy on the right representing Guzzi took a silver medal that night in his low-tech livery.2bab983d9b88866bca72fdc1020f9178.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Unfortunately these two motorcycles are not even close to being comparable!!! Both nice indeed but very different animals.

• Like 2

...I wouldn't take it too seriously. But i think it somewhat accurately depicts BMW as always pursuing the latest technology (at times to their detriment), and Guzzi getting the job done well with less tech flash.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I just spent 3 weeks in Italy/Switzerland/Austria/Germany riding the Alps/Stelvio/Dolomites, etc and all over Northern Italy...with one to 3 well experienced guys riding the new 1300 BMW's and me on a stock 2020 V-85 with 90,000 km on it .....There is nothing the  BMW 1300 can do in the tight and steep mountain roads that the V-85 cant do except blast for a minute on the straights..and in fact the v-85 can do the tight steep Stelvio and Dolomite switchbacks better..you just have to use the gearbox more and push it harder..on the highway it'll run along for hours at 155KM just fine...Plus you have the Character of a Guzzi Air Cooled under you..:-) No rider modes,traction control..etc...just fun.

• Like 8

I recently had a test on a v85tt and the new stelvio back to back. I preferred the v85, hardly any slower actually. The old stelvio however…. is loads of smiles too. 

• Like 2
On 8/11/2024 at 7:40 AM, KINDOY2 said:

I just spent 3 weeks in Italy/Switzerland/Austria/Germany riding the Alps/Stelvio/Dolomites, etc and all over Northern Italy...with one to 3 well experienced guys riding the new 1300 BMW's and me on a stock 2020 V-85 with 90,000 km on it .....There is nothing the  BMW 1300 can do in the tight and steep mountain roads that the V-85 cant do except blast for a minute on the straights..and in fact the v-85 can do the tight steep Stelvio and Dolomite switchbacks better..you just have to use the gearbox more and push it harder..on the highway it'll run along for hours at 155KM just fine...Plus you have the Character of a Guzzi Air Cooled under you..:-) No rider modes,traction control..etc...just fun.

first, you cheeky monkey 4corso… posting such a goofy click-bait topic.  :->. But I clicked!

i agree KINDOY2, the V85 holds its own very nicely, except on the straights, where it’s just not as comfortable at the real high speeds.  But thats why i sold the harley’s 20 yrs ago… why have a bike thats focused on what I like least, which is blasting straight on a highway?  Well, in fairness, the GS and even more the big multistrada’s will pass someone in half a blink of an eye, which the 85 won’t quite do, but it’s plenty fast enough for riding within sane limits. 

Very little wrong, and pretty much everything right on the GS’s, but I still prefer the V85tt. 

• Like 2

Again, the meme was not a put down to Guzzi. The low-tech Hungarian guy was the hero of the event - taking the silver medal with ease with a much lower-tech old school set up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, 4corsa said:

Again, the meme was not a put down to Guzzi. The low-tech Hungarian guy was the hero of the event - taking the silver medal with ease with a much lower-tech old school set up.

absolutely.  we just took a tangent for the sake of banter.

• Like 3

Took the latest V85 out for a test ride today. I was quite impressed. A modern Guzzi that did everything well, easy to ride, relaxed upright riding position. It’s not the fastest machine out there but it’s not pretending to be something it’s not. In a totally different category compared to a 1300GS. If I want to ride fast on the straights I’ve got a 1700 VMX for such 

PHOTO-2024-08-18-23-04-33.jpeg

• Like 1

More gratuitous pics of me being snapped by the Moto Shoots photographer riding up and down the A6 to GuzziFest on Saturday. First on a Griso, then on V85 demo bike, I also passed for a 3rd time on my burgundy v11 but I’m yet to track down that photo

IMG_1862.jpeg

PHOTO-2024-08-18-23-04-33.jpeg

• Like 6