Feelers out on selling my LeMans

Rox Lemans

Not leaving the forum. I also have a Scura. I am seeing if anyone has interests in a 2002 LeMans red and grey. Full Mistral exhaust, ECU tuned by Guzzitech. Suspension redone by Racetech set up for a 250lbs suited up rider. Or was it 230?? A full sized dad bod will do just fine on it...... Some rare bits of carbon fiber. Ghezzi-Brian rear fender, Rosso Mandello front fender and alt cover, and a Scura tank pad. Just under 22k miles. Bike needs nothing. Not even fluids. The bike is located in Tucson, AZ. Looking to get around $5000 for it. But if I sell it, I want a Guzzi lover to get it. I'll post pics later, but I need to shrink them a bit since the forum won't permit hi-res. It's pretty friggin sexy to be honest..The only reason I'm wanting to sell is to buy a custom Moto Guzzi GTM.

Edited by Rox Lemans
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

Not leaving the forum. I also have a Scura. I am seeing if anyone has interests in a 2002 LeMans red and grey. Full Mistral exhaust, ECU tuned by Guzzitech. Some rare bits of carbon fiber. Ghezzi-Brian rear fender, Rosso Mandello front fender and alt cover, and a Scura tank pad. Just under 22k miles. Bike needs nothing. Not even fluids. The bike is located in Tucson, AZ. Looking to get around $5000 for it. But if I sell it, I want a Guzzi lover to get it. I'll post pics later, but I need to shrink them a bit since the forum won't permit hi-res. It's pretty friggin sexy to be honest..The only reason I'm wanting to sell is to buy a custom Moto Guzzi GTM.

Upload your pictures in full resolution to a hosting site, such as flickr.com. Then copy the URL of each photo, and paste them in the dialog box here.

Like in the example below: you can click on the picture that will link you to my flickr account.

DSCF1940

Guzzi at the six flags memorial

Edited by p6x

Hey Rox,

Good luck with your sale.  I've had mine up for 6 weeks now with no real interest.  I'm kinda thinking about letting the ad run out and repost next Spring.  The few I've seen on FB & BaT didn't sell but I think the asking price was in excess of $7k.

Art

We're talking about motorcycles that are more than 20 years old, and not even known by a large part of the population. Finding a buyer takes time. :huh2:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, guzziart said:

Hey Rox,

Good luck with your sale.  I've had mine up for 6 weeks now with no real interest.  I'm kinda thinking about letting the ad run out and repost next Spring.  The few I've seen on FB & BaT didn't sell but I think the asking price was in excess of $7k.

Art

I guess that makes mine a bit of a bargain? But hey, if your wanna give me $7k instead of 5, I'll take it.. :sun: I'd rather be happy and sell a Guzzista a good bike instead of making a fast buck and worry about a squid destroying it.  Scud knows my style. Just another passionate Guzzi guy like you guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

and not even known by a large part of the population

This is particularly true in Texas.

During my Texas Tour rides, the Le Mans gets a lot of compliments, always with the usual question about the bike's country of origin.

The Orange looking Stelvio 1200 NTX which I was following since January 2023 has still not sold...

The two Griso close to me on Facebook have sold...

I sell a lot of stuff...cars, trucks, tools, furniture, etc. And I follow a lot of stuff for sale, especially Moto Guzzis. One thing in common with all things that sell, they are priced right, which means fairly for both buyer and seller. I see so many motorcycles that are priced 2k over what they should be. Those are the bikes that sit. 5k seems like a good starting point, $4900 sounds better. Be prepared to go down a bit.  But it needs to stay advertised...summer, fall, winter. You never know when someone will fall for it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rox Lemans said:

Not exactly the response I'd expect from a bunch of V11 guys..

In what sense? Being realistic about things, for instance that most of the population doesn't even know what a V11 is, is just sensible.

As far as finding a potential buyer here, yes, good place to start because we all already know what a V11 is, but most of us have also already got one. :huh2:

Edited by audiomick
  • Like 1

Good luck with your decision. "Feelers out" may mean you sort of want to sell it and sort of want to keep it. 

The Red/Grey looks even better in person. Is there a bike night in Tuscon or nearby where you could pop a for sale sign on it? You just need someone to look at it and think "What the hell is that? I need it."

• Like 2