A "Red" Griso for sale on FB - 2016 - 7.5k$ -

p6x

I don't really fancy the additional lenticular LEDs in the front.
I don't know what to make of the "Custom Power Commander IV with autotune". When it is not stock, you may face issues later if something goes wrong.

Seller's comments:
Up for sale is my rare, unique, pristine Red Devil Griso 1200 8V Special Edition. This is the pinnacle of the Griso line with its 1151cc "Quattrovalvoe" (roller bearing 4-valve heads) transverse-mounted 90 degree V2 air-cooled, fuel injected engine sporting 110hp and 6 speed dry-clutch transmission. This is a particularly nice example with a full custom Power Commander IV with Autotune (dyno-tuned by MG Moto in CA), throaty Agostini hydro-formed exhaust and K&N cleanable/reusable air filter. It sports the highly-desired spoked wheels sporting tubeless Continental ContiSport Attack tires and EBC sintered brake pads in Brembo racing calipers. The suspension is fully adjustable for compression and rebound dampening, and preload settings. A Renthal FatBar is fitted with MotoGP grips and Acerbis handguards. The bike is fully converted to LEDs with headlight/driving lights, turn signals, and flashing brake lights. I hold full title to this bike and have factory manuals and both keys. I am selling as it's simply time to do something different. I do ride it very occasionally and keep it in great condition mechanically. If you desire a distinctive, characterful Italian V-twin roadster, it’s a far rarer and beefier choice than Ducati’s Monster, is a far more stirring joy to ride, and this 8v SE version in particular is classy and handsome. It's also a tremendous value.

311015784_5552190321536679_2601007197959309402635_4921357974631695_3565533380950310258493_5874452539240070_1928158691724310078409_8359253757448109_7181292757343310048255_5484435375004744_1670941506363310731277_5458519147594358_6755280530668

310101382_8114464645294643_4572163251656

17 hours ago, activpop said:

Not so sure I agree with the "tremendous value" part. 

You are correct; this adjective is now trite.

I think the ask price is above market; he probably expects a solid 7k for it.

27 minutes ago, p6x said:

he probably expects a solid 7k for it.

Is he likely to get that? Even that seems a bit steep to me, but I don't know what the prices are like there. :huh2:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Is he likely to get that? Even that seems a bit steep to me, but I don't know what the prices are like there. :huh2:

Here's another one in Nevada; same price, it's another one-year-old listing.

Well taken care bike runs flawless Bought new off show room floor Title in hand Garage kept Bike has 7500 miles Oil change done regular New tires last year Bike has trac control Hydraulic clutch New battery Shaft driven 2015 moto guzzi grisso 8v 1200 Price 7500 obo No trades

315589315_1582182482235713_1584986292450

Product photo of 2015 Moto Guzzi Griso

The fact that one has a K&N on it would steer me away from it no matter what the price. I have heard Mr. Roper's thoughts on those with the Griso and Stelvio throttle bodies. I won't take the risk when there is always another one that will come up. I think 6k or so is a fair price for both of them. I would bet that nobody greased the swing arm bushings, so that needs to be done at the very least. I know I almost had mine for $5500 when someone came a long at the 11th hour and offered 6k. I matched the offer and got it. 5500 miles, all new oils and tires, stock exhaust, well taken care of. I was happy with the deal. One thing I know now is that they start out pretty red, but UV rays definitely orange them up a bit. I saw some at the rally that you could tell were sitting outside.

Edited by activpop
  • Like 1

It always amuses me how people spend thousands of dollars on GT snake oil and then, despite their bike being so wonderful, want to sell it and get something else.

The second one has traction control! Amazing! Very rare ‘One of a kind’ machine there!:grin:

• Haha 2

But...sometimes you come across a bike, in this case also a Griso, with a higher price tag.  It was advertised here a few months ago as highly upgraded, and it was. This bike sold very quickly and was a perfect example of price vs value. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, activpop said:

The fact that one has a K&N on it would steer me away from it no matter what the price. I have heard Mr. Roper's thoughts on those with the Griso and Stelvio throttle bodies. I won't take the risk when there is always another one that will come up. I think 6k or so is a fair price for both of them. I would bet that nobody greased the swing arm bushings, so that needs to be done at the very least. I know I almost had mine for $5500 when someone came a long at the 11th hour and offered 6k. I matched the offer and got it. 5500 miles, all new oils and tires, stock exhaust, well taken care of. I was happy with the deal. One thing I know now is that they start out pretty red, but UV rays definitely orange them up a bit. I saw some at the rally that you could tell were sitting outside.

I am with you here. In another post, I explained how I was lectured by a dealer about why heavy modifications on one's bike maybe a deterrent to sale it. Unless the changes are those regarding comfort or safety, providing the original equipment is still available, that's fine.

30 minutes ago, activpop said:

But...sometimes you come across a bike, in this case also a Griso, with a higher price tag.  It was advertised here a few months ago as highly upgraded, and it was. This bike sold very quickly and was a perfect example of price vs value. 

Exactly!

A "good deal" is when both parties are happy. 

With that being said , I have two (deceased) friends that bought what they thought were great priced collector cars . They paid a premium for some junk and I mean junk. They got hammered so bad I kept my mouth shut .  If you're happy , I'm happy is the way I handled that situation . 

When you go to buy , take someone w/you that is level headed and knows what it is worth . 

If you are selling and someone is trying to low ball you , thank them for their time and cut them short and go back in the house and wait on the next buyer.  

Edited by gstallons
  • Like 3

On 8/12/2024 at 11:19 AM, gstallons said:

A "good deal" is when both parties are happy. 

With that being said , I have two (deceased) friends that bought what they thought were great priced collector cars . They paid a premium for some junk and I mean junk. They got hammered so bad I kept my mouth shut .  If you're happy , I'm happy is the way I handled that situation . 

When you go to buy , take someone w/you that is level headed and knows what it is worth . 

If you are selling and someone is trying to low ball you , thank them for their time and cut them short and go back in the house and wait on the next buyer.  

I was under the impression that a good deal would mean that I, am happy. The seller maybe too, but he is not my main preoccupation.

I always make my purchase the lonesome way. But I agree with your statement that it is better to be more than less. The "good cop bad cop" works that way too. Especially with dealerships. They use that trick a lot. You deal with one guy, but when it is the time to close the deal, you have to face a different person. They call it a "hand change". This is meant to kill the confidence and comfort you may have established with the sales assistant.

But I do all the pre deal in writing via email, so there are no misunderstandings. Once I am satisfied that all my questions have been answered, including pricing if I disagree, then I go.

Something I never do, is to try to haggle the price when on site, unless there was something that was not disclosed previously. When I accept to check the bike out, it means that I am going to buy it as is. Otherwise, I don't waste my or the seller's time to try to get the price down.

As for someone trying to lower the price during the test drive, I have had that. Even when my narrative was very specific, the price was firm because reasonable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, p6x said:

I was under the impression that a good deal would mean that I, am happy.       

:grin:         :thumbsup:  Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, p6x said:

I was under the impression that a good deal would mean that I, am happy. The seller maybe too, but he is not my main preoccupation.

I always make my purchase the lonesome way. But I agree with your statement that it is better to be more than less. The "good cop bad cop" works that way too. Especially with dealerships. They use that trick a lot. You deal with one guy, but when it is the time to close the deal, you have to face a different person. They call it a "hand change". This is meant to kill the confidence and comfort you may have established with the sales assistant.

But I do all the pre deal in writing via email, so there are no misunderstandings. Once I am satisfied that all my questions have been answered, including pricing if I disagree, then I go.

Something I never do, is to try to haggle the price when on site, unless there was something that was not disclosed previously. When I accept to check the bike out, it means that I am going to buy it as is. Otherwise, I don't waste my or the seller's time to try to get the price down.

As for someone trying to lower the price during the test drive, I have had that. Even when my narrative was very specific, the price was firm because reasonable.

No , I am saying you need to take someone with you that can give you an objective opinion .  

Think : Oh , I met this wonderful man and I think I am in love, the only bad thing is he drives a 1968 Volkswagen Beetle . Your best friend says , uuhhhhh.

Edited by gstallons
more info
  • Haha 1