Can anyone recognize the bike Tom Cruise rides in the Olympic Games handover?

At the BMW Dealer in Escondido, CA a few weeks ago after I had dropped in to see the new Guzzis they were carrying (Thanks Scud for the tip)...they also had a BMW Scooter/Motorcycle that was electric. $15K for a 75 mile range...good looking, but I just don't get the price vs. range ROI...one can get 3 nice used Guzzis for the price of 1 electric BMW scooter/motorbike.

• Like 1

An electric scooter from BMW is always going to be expensive for what you get. Anything from BMW will be expensive for what you get.

The electric BMW scooter aside, one advantage of electric bikes, outside the environmental aspect of it, can be performance. An electric motorcycle is not automatically fast, but it can be. An electric motorcycle can offer amazing performance for the money. But there will always be trade offs with going electric, mostly centering around range, weight, and cost.

On 8/16/2024 at 12:40 AM, mikev said:

Just noticed the listed specs, range of ~85 miles, and a price of ~20,000 USD, not really even usable for my commute to work without a charge.

Ha ha, same here!

Electric, yeah bout as useful as an ash tray on the Greenie.....

CheersĀ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1