Pediatric Brain Tumor "Childhood Brain Cancer" I will be the ambassador of the V11 Guzzi chapter within the Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas group.

If you have a temp gun or IR camera , this will tell you a LOT . You want to go for a 10 / 15 min ride and check ea. side in the same spot for the best reading . 

14 hours ago, p6x said:

I will check with Davey, but since he had the bike for more than six months... I told him to change anything that needed it. He confirmed he did a complete tune up.

I wouldn't assume he checked them to the level of your user expectations.  But injectors are super easy to change, and there are plenty of cheap alternatives, plus not far from you is an Injector Cleaning Service company.  But honestly, for $30 bucks you can get new injectors (not OEM) and that's about the cost of doing an injector cleaning.  Very cheap, and easy to see if that helps improve the problem...if not, then it's not that much of a hit to the pocket book.

You can find injectors on Ebay very easily.

• Thanks 1

I would go with an injector cleaning services . Using these companies will test before and after rates to show "if' needed and how bad they were . Find one company and stick with them. You need to keep your injectors and not buy these cheap alternatives ! 

I had this one co-worker make the perfect statement "When did you ever regret buying the best?" I have not forgotten this and will stick with it !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295688632946?_skw=moto+guzzi+quota+fuel+injectors&itmmeta=01J94JCT4986AE0G9JV3Q6EP5Y&hash=item44d86a7a72:g:K3wAAOSwke9kWnij&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAABAHoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKmhIsvw1gxrx6eEbaf8FFkwAWJESXqKzW25lDc%2FI%2Bl5OFqQEUubEWbY6kAkpHnqaW5dICFJEs3fNuVavSJR4C3mZU9zO60MaPaTMEA04085fOREvVO3XZdj9%2B38hipp9Dz0C1C2ZvvzthwrjjMeuTaefSBPCwDDccvVm7ZszMbhYbrt653%2FUeoyc8%2FK8RoHxiENYSDF9J8%2Bg%2F06wdL3OnhpbaAAsMYqsTGYgzM84mo2XJJ92y%2BPwcsufsqX1OmPwMWWNsyz3FnxlO%2FtuFJYRXsskQRsa9Ev6LZnickLsW5qFYYAR1gD10LH48Q0LBbUDWg%3D|tkp%3ABFBMnqKzkslk  

New OEM Fuel Injector for Guzzi:  $120 to $150 USD for 1 injector

Used OEM Fuel injector for Guzzi... $100 USD

New aftermarket Fuel injector for Quota:  $25 USD for 2 injectors

You can go thru a LOT of aftermarket ones for the price of 1 new OEM...

It is very helpful to get your existing ones checked...fully agree, that will very clearly state if you have a spray problem or not.  But financially...it's minimal risk to buy aftermarket ones...even if they only last 5 years!

Edited by PJPR01
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, gstallons said:

Is that your Quota at 3:26 ?

It is...

Edited by p6x

4 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

plus not far from you is an Injector Cleaning Service company

Company name please?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

if you have a spray problem or not. 

If you can get Guzzi Diag connected to the Quota (I believe you can, but am not sure) you can do a rough check on that yourself. Connect it up, take out the injectors, and use the activator function in Guzzi Diag to make them spray. Hold a sheet of cardboard or something in front of them to catch the spray.

Not very precise, I know, but it will at least show you if the are still producing an nice fine spray or just big droplets, and if the spray pattern is about the same on both sides.

PS, I'm a bit suprised that the ever diligent @docc hasn't already split off the Quota injectors from the children's charity theme, but I assume he is busy with life, the universe, and everything. I know I am at the moment. :wacko:

Edited by audiomick

7 minutes ago, audiomick said:

PS, I'm a bit suprised that the ever diligent @docc hasn't already split off the Quota injectors from the children's charity theme, but I assume he is busy with life, the universe, and everything. I know I am at the moment. :wacko:

Haha, true on all counts. Yet, all of the discussion remains about the OP's GuzziQ within his own thread.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, docc said:

...all of the discussion remains about the OP's GuzziQ within his own thread.

Yes, I'll pay that point. :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, audiomick said:

Yes, I'll pay that point. :)

One of our moderator's grey-area rules of engagement . . .

An Original Poster (OP) cannot drift his own topic off-topic. After all, it's his topic. :nerd:

Exceptions occur when the topic is in "Technical Topics " or "How To . . ." in order to maintain our technical archive and improve search outcomes.

Operative term: "grey-area ". :ph34r: <_< :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1