Indian banned from Flat Track

I just read on my phone that the FTR750 will banned next year and all engines will stock based.  I remember Guzzi hero Danial Kalal sponsored a couple of Ducatis only to see them banned before they hit the dirt. Maybe Ducati and Aprilia will return to the sport?  These bikes were just too fast for oval racing, I think the racing will be better. certainly hope it will be safer. 

Edited by LowRyter
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, po18guy said:

I smell H-D.

It was the plan when Indian introduced the bike.  They were the only manufacturer committed at the time.  The whole idea was to have more production bikes but no one else had one.  But geess, oval racing is dangerous business.  The Indian was too fast and perhaps too easy until it wasn't.  Actually the Yamaha is the only bike capable of competing against it.

Edited by LowRyter
9 hours ago, LowRyter said:

It was the plan when Indian introduced the bike.  They were the only manufacturer committed at the time.  The whole idea was to have more production bikes but no one else had one.  But geess, oval racing is dangerous business.  The Indian was too fast and perhaps too easy until it wasn't.  Actually the Yamaha is the only bike capable of competing against it.

Understood. Sometimes it costs heavily to lead the way - especially when few follow.

Edited by po18guy
  • Like 1