Rosso Corsa (like new+) $11K

LowRyter

My guy Don at Motiv in OKC, still working on my Greenie, has a LeMans Rosso Corsa on consignment.  I might take a photo when I get a chance.  The bike has 2k miles on it and looks like new, other than having a new exhaust system without the troublesome header crossovers.  The bike is spotless and looks showroom.   

https://www.motivcycleworks.com/

Edited by LowRyter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

My guy Don at Motiv in OKC, still working on my Greenie, has a LeMans Rosso Corsa on consignment.  I might take a photo when I get a chance.  The bike has 2k miles on it and looks like new, other than having a new exhaust system without the troublesome header crossovers.  The bike is spotless and looks showroom.   

https://www.motivcycleworks.com/

Buy it John!  Add to the fleet...it would be a beautiful addition!

Posted (edited)

I just saw the bike yesterday parked in front of the building.  I don't know if or when it will be listed.  I'm just reporting that it looks like showroom new with a shiny exhaust on it.  I have inquired about it.  I have too many bikes now but if I could trade one for it, it's in the back of my mind.  It's one bike that's almost as pretty as a Greenie. 

BTW, Don has got the Greenie back on the shop stand, perhaps I can get it all together and make it to the Colorado NAR in a couple of weeks?

Edited by LowRyter
  • Like 1

2003 Le Mans on kleinanziegen with 2800km, 19900Euro.

Coppa Italia with 6700km was advertised here 185000kr.

My Coppa Italia with 10000km ( 1 scratch pork chop) otherwise perfect) 150000kr, but with parts worth easyly 50000kr

Cheers Tom.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do not understand everything that was quoted in the details; someone can clarify? my guesses in hopeful blue.

Carillo Connecting Rods?

MRM Forged Pistons 10.25 to 1 C/R? Compression ratio to 10.25/1?

Windage Plate in Sump? is this the same function as the so-called "Roper" plate?

Megacycle 620 x 10 Camshaft?

Cylinder Head Stage 2 CNC Ported Flow-bench Tested? to accommodate the new intake and exhaust valves size?

Giouanni Straight Cut Timing Gear Set? Replacement of the timing chain with sprockets?

Four miserable low resolution photos for such a nice motorcycle.... It is only six hours and a half from Houston, and I still have a few stops left to do in the panhandle. Maybe I should go to photograph that bike, if it is still there then...

On 8/25/2024 at 6:14 PM, Tomchri said:

2003 Le Mans on kleinanziegen with 2800km, 19900Euro.

Coppa Italia with 6700km was advertised here 185000kr.

My Coppa Italia with 10000km ( 1 scratch pork chop) otherwise perfect) 150000kr, but with parts worth easyly 50000kr

Cheers Tom.

Tom;

You cannot really compare Moto Guzzi prices in Europe with that of the USA. No later than today, I went to my favorite dealership, there were some younger riders who all got mesmerized by my Quota... first time in their lives seeing a Moto Guzzi!

one of them had a cousin who owns a V7; the only one who knew about the brand.

Here, at least in Texas, the brand is confidential. Ducati is better known, but Japanese and UK brands are more popular outside of the Harley and Indian.

I purchased my 2004 Le Mans for 6000 USD at 8800 miles.

This one is shown at 11,000 USD OBO.

To me, those modifications are not enticing, but rather a deterrent.

Edited by p6x
  • Like 1

G'day mate.

Carillo con rods are tougher stronger than stock.

Early V11's are 9.5 to 1 and later longer frames 10 to 1 I believe, so the 10.25 to 1 pistons are bit higher compression.

The windage plate is a Roper plate also known as a baffle plate too I think.

The cam is different to stock.

Sounds like it 's got timing gears having replaced the chain.

Also head work by Mike Rich ie gas flowed heads, inlet tract reworked etc and bigger valves.

Sounds like quite a brute of a motor and could possibly give Chucks ( ex ) Mighty Scura a bit of a run for it's money....? 

Cheers 

• Thanks 1