starter v11 le mans 2001

igor

@igor

I recently replaced mine on my 2004 V11. The one sold by "Simon auto shop" looks identical to the Valeo original I purchased here in the USA for a lot more than 50 EUR...

Now, telling if an equipment will fit just looking at a photo is impossible.

You should be able to return it if it does not fit; but their webpage says it should fit.

Check the end of the thread:

• Like 1

I would certainly "think" it would . Am I sure it would , IDK. You need to contact the selling company and get confirmation it will before purchasing.    

Do they have a listing for your bike on their website ?

16 hours ago, gstallons said:

I would certainly "think" it would . Am I sure it would , IDK. You need to contact the selling company and get confirmation it will before purchasing.    

Do they have a listing for your bike on their website ?

i tought that with this info someone could maybe tell me if it fits

A1: Volt 12 V
A2: Power 1.2 KW
A3: Teeth 9 Teeth
A4: Mounting 2 Hole
A5: Mounting diameter 62.00 mm
A6: Rotation

Counter Clockwise / CCW

it says V11 sport i guess its the same as the v11 le mans ?

thanks for your help

A1: Volt 12 V
A2: Power 1.2 KW
A3: Teeth 9 Teeth
A4: Mounting 2 Hole
A5: Mounting diameter 62.00 mm
A6: Rotation Counter Clockwise / CCW

Can't tell from the dimensions but the mounting holes angles look right.

Voltage, power and number of teeth are the correct spec.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, igor said:

it says V11 sport i guess its the same as the v11 le mans ?

Yes, it should fit both.

I also think it looks a lot like the original Valeo starter motor. Because there are no stickers on it, and because of the price, I suspect it is a copy. That does not, however, mean that it wont work perfectly well. The bloke I share my workshop with has a Valeo copy in his V50 Monza that cost about €30,- and it works fine. :huh2:

looking at the nose of the starter I removed from my 02/03 bike I think it will work. Buy it , install it and see if it works. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - My Valeo OEM ejected its magnets & destroyed the armature, so I shopped around & the fitted an AUD$153  starter that also fits a Quota 1000, its an EBay  special, the Quota has had it installed for about 4 years trouble free - mine fitted no issue & Ive just completed 1800kms over 3 days to one of our Australian state Guzzi rallies called The Ragged Fringe - as motorcyclist we live on the fringe of society - as a bike mag review said “if you ride a Moto  Guzzi then you’re on the Ragged Fringe” - hence it stuck and its an awesome rally- starter has not missed a beat in about 6000kms for me . Cost at the time was $153 AUD delivered ………https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/315215969723?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=fkJupuYmRi2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=gRNhwjN5Rpe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Bartman
  • Like 2