Visited Mugello race track yesterday and just my luck there was a ride day on. These guys are pretty serious about their ride days as the paddock images show and the action on the track was take no prisoners as well. Go hard or go home pretty much. No fast, medium and slow group stuff here. Paid 10euros for the wife and I to get into the pits and got trackside on the pit wall and took some videos which are too big to upload apparently. Mugello is the track where the MotoGP boys hit 366kph on the straight. At the end of the straight there is a rise and a kink not a million miles away from the kink and rise at Laguna Seca on the straight except here the GP boys are cranking out 366kph and also setting the bike up for the braking zone and turn in point for turn 1 without being able to see either because of the rise. It's not that apparent on the TV but trackside it's quite distinct as is the undulating nature of the rest of the track. Back maybe 10 years ago Rossi's Yamaha blew up here as it wheel spun over the rise every lap over revving the engine until it called enough. Yamaha had to reduce the max rpm to compensate at this track for a year or two till they got the engine management stuff sorted. No Guzzi presence at all, not hard enough.

Phil

IMG_4074.JPG

IMG_4078.JPG

IMG_4077.JPGIMG_4079.JPG

Edited by Lucky Phil
  • Like 5

Travelled from Rome to Milano on this beast a few weeks ago now. The Frecciarossa (red arrow) went business class and it ate up the journey at 280klm/hour. Five hundred klms in 3 hours. The Italians like fast stuff. In contrast the same journey here in Australia takes, well forever. Over 9 hours because we are too hopeless to built a train network with speeds over about 100kph. Aussies, we are good at 2 things, sport and leisure. High Tech? not so much.

Phil

IMG_2430.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Took a trip to the iconic Imola race track yesterday. Not able to get on the track unfortunately but we took a stroll around about half the circuit. Visited the Ayrton Senna memorial at the Tamberello corner where he died 30 years ago. More significantly to me it's where Paul Smart on a Ducati L twin beat Ago on an MV Agusta at the Imola 200 in 1972 and put himself and Ducati on the motorcycle racing world map. My best friend was actually at that meeting to see history made. Apparently it was a typical Italian race of the time...Ago took off and they then dropped the flag to get it underway:)

IMG_4148.JPG

After that we called in at the local supermercato for some groceries. You can't carry much in the way of shopping in one of these.

IMG_4171.JPG

Edited by Lucky Phil
  • Like 3

And I say, never mind the food, watch oil temp/pressure :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.

• Haha 1