Turn Signals quit

dbarb3

14 hours ago, dbarb3 said:

Well not surpised new flasher did not fix it

Also noticed my tail light isnt lit but the brake light comes on when applied

From memory.. always suspect with me :oldgit: I fixed one like that with a broken solder joint at the ignition switch. Green wire, I think..

• Like 1

Sounds like a classic relay issue. Make sure you are clear on which light in the headlight bucket is lit. There is a running light that I believe docc called a "city light", and there is obviously a headlight bulb. It can be easy to see the lower wattage running light lit and think that is the headlight. The headlight, tail light, and turn signals are all on one circuit as I recall. That circuit can be out because of an issue with a relay, a blown fuse, or an electrical short like what Chuck mentioned.

Edited by GuzziMoto

4 hours ago, dbarb3 said:

Headlights dimmer horn work brake light works

How do I check the ignition swith ?  Come in from under it?

Talk to me like a 3rd grader on testing the voltage I have a multimeter but thats about it. 

As much for my own clarification as yours:)

My understanding of circuits discussed:

Assuming you find no power going to fuses 6 and 7, and even though the Hi/Low beams work, the IGN switch could still be suspect because the wire pair (1 and 2) work thru a different contact than wire pair 3 and 4. A broken wire (or dirty contact) on 3 or 4 would cut power to both the tail light and the turn signals.

I don't think relays are involved as they are not used in the tail light or turn signal circuit.

The schematic I'm looking at may not apply to your bike, and I'm often wrong.

JFC.png

• Like 1

AFA ; park lamp circuit . If the park lamp works in the headlamp and the speedo lamp works , the rear license plate light should work.  Again , make sure you have tested the fuse 7 for  B+ and applied  B+ to the output of fuse 7 to see if the turn signals work . Do NOT forget to turn L or R turn signal switch "on" .

Consider , we may not all be looking at the same wiring diagram . Mine is a 2003 model mfd. in 2002 . external fuel pump , etc... 

Please perform each test and suggestion as though only one person is giving you advice .  Don't bundle this info together and make a mess . 

Edited by gstallons

18 minutes ago, dbarb3 said:

Switch key on main headlight comes on

Actual hi/lo headlamp is on relays along with (working) brake light.

Turn signals = no relay

Tail light/instrument lighting/ low watt city light/ tag light are all one circuit with no relay. Of these, are they all out or only the tail light? 

Failing that, here is a compilation workshop manual. There are circuit diagrammes on page 364, 459 and 590. The trick is to figure out which one applies to your bike. B)

https://guzzitek.org/gb/ma_us_uk/1100/V11_1999-2003_Atelier(Compil-GB-D-NL).pdf

One clue might be the 8th. fuse. The document indicates that this fuse was used on earlier models, but not on the later ones. My 2002 Le Mans didn't use it (a previous owner used the slot for a power outlet in the dash), but I have the fuel pump in the tank. :huh2:

15 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Failing that, here is a compilation workshop manual. There are circuit diagrammes on page 364, 459 and 590. The trick is to figure out which one applies to your bike. B)

https://guzzitek.org/gb/ma_us_uk/1100/V11_1999-2003_Atelier(Compil-GB-D-NL).pdf

One clue might be the 8th. fuse. The document indicates that this fuse was used on earlier models, but not on the later ones. My 2002 Le Mans didn't use it (a previous owner used the slot for a power outlet in the dash), but I have the fuel pump in the tank. :huh2:

On early V11 SpineFrames (1999-2001), Fuse #8 was for the electric fuel petcock which reverted to a manual petcock in 2002, and the last fuse position went unused. Or "available", if you wish.

My Fuse 8 operates mySport's Go_Winkie that monitors the power feed to that side of the wiring harness (Fuses 3-7) with the exception of the separate wiring harness for fuel/injection/ECU (Fuses 1 & 2, Relays 4 & 5).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, docc said:

Actual hi/lo headlamp is on relays along with (working) brake light.

Turn signals = no relay

Tail light/instrument lighting/ low watt city light/ tag light are all one circuit with no relay. Of these, are they all out or only the tail light? 

@dbarb3, this requires no test light, just look. Are all of these lit except the tail light?

Or are they all out?

• Like 1