Inventory of and creating a Moto Guzzi V11 Scura owners list

Danny-NL

Hi all,

Let me introduce myself first since I am completely new to this forum.

My name is Danny, 52 years old living in The Netherlands and in the buying process of a beautiful Moto Guzzi v11 Scura (black). Very likely I will close the deal this week making me one of the 600 (proud) owners of the V11 Scura with number #S224. My new Scura (to be) was imported from Italy in 2011 and had officially 3 owners including the motorshop (TLM Nijmegen) where the Scura was traded in for another new motorcycle.

Because I am alway curious about the history of a bike, and the fact that the Scura edition was limited to 600 pieces, I would like to find out where all the serial numbers went to, how the distribution was done with regard to the various countries, how many of them in each country, who the owners are, which color the bike was painted in (fully black of black/bullet grey), which modifications they made etc.

Therefore I want to ask you (and especially the Scura owners) if you can help me finding this out, tips for where to look, addressing me to other Scura owners you might know, a contact in the factory in Italy, maybe you know somebody who already made such a list, etc. If interested I can share the Excel list here so everyone can get a good glimpse of the list.

I checked some YT movies already and got some info but most of the time the serial number is not very visible. There was even one that had the nummer S664 which is pretty amazing, because as far as I know, there were only 600 pieces made of the Scura version.

Hope to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Danny Hentenaar 

Edited by Danny-NL
  • Like 1

Danny ,  

I have seen only one and it was here in Ky. Lexington , Louisville or some big town in that area . This was around 2010 and I didn't know how exclusive they were . I did know they were righteous !

W/O someone seeing this request , IDK how you would locate these bikes or their owners .

2 hours ago, Danny-NL said:

Hi all,

Let me introduce myself first since I am completely new to this forum.

My name is Danny, 52 years old living in The Netherlands and in the buying process of a beautiful Moto Guzzi v11 Scura (black). Very likely I will close the deal this week making me one of the 600 (proud) owners of the V11 Scura with number #S224. My new Scura (to be) was imported from Italy in 2011 and had officially 3 owners including the motorshop (TLM Nijmegen) where the Scura was traded in for another new motorcycle.

Because I am alway curious about the history of a bike, and the fact that the Scura edition was limited to 600 pieces, I would like to find out where all the serial numbers went to, how the distribution was done with regard to the various countries, how many of them in each country, who the owners are, which color the bike was painted in (fully black of black/bullet grey), which modifications they made etc.

Therefore I want to ask you (and especially the Scura owners) if you can help me finding this out, tips for where to look, addressing me to other Scura owners you might know, a contact in the factory in Italy, maybe you know somebody who already made such a list, etc. If interested I can share the Excel list here so everyone can get a good glimpse of the list.

I checked some YT movies already and got some info but most of the time the serial number is not very visible. There was even one that had the nummer S664 which is pretty amazing, because as far as I know, there were only 600 pieces made of the Scura version.

Hope to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Danny Hentenaar 

Welcome, @Danny-NL!

There is an existing list in "V11 Registries".  Last updated in May, 2023, #224 is shown in England . . .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, docc said:

Welcome, @Danny-NL!

There is an existing list in "V11 Registries".  Last updated in May, 2023, #224 is shown in England . . .

Hi and thanks for the info. 

After posting I saw indeed that I'm not the only one who's curious although the last reaction is from a couple of years ago.

Since this is then the only (official) post for the Scura registry I can drop the question here I guess: How is it possible that numbers above the 600 pop up while the Scura is limited to this number 600? Did they create an extra batch of numbers because of it's success or is the story about it wrong?

Best Regards,

Danny

Edited by Danny-NL