15M ECU Map/Bin Upload Procedure

CSP Rider

I know there is quite a bit of information already here on this topic, but I was unable to identify one spot that provided a start-to-finish tutorial.  If someone can point me in the direction of such a thread I would appreciate it.  Alternately, I will share here what my intended steps are and see if I am missing anything....

Step 1:  Read and backup my existing map using IAW reader software

Step 2:  Write/Flash the new map (already obtained from 'Beetle' and much appreciated) using the IAW Writer program

Step 3:  Adjust CO values to fine-tune as needed

Is it really that simple?  What has me confused is all the talk about the need to download the tunerpro software to load the new map, but according to the Griso.com site instructions all I should need is the reader... Anyone have experience here with simply using the steps outlined above to install a new map?  What am I missing, if anything?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and hoping to give this a go tomorrow to solve my 3k RPM stumble woes.

Here is a link to the instructions I am using for guidance:  https://www.griso.org/GuzziDiag for 15M-15RC-5AM.pdf

Cheers!

• Like 1

I haven't done it yet (no not that, playing with the map...:whistle:) but I've read a lot about it, and spoken to Beard, author of Guzzidiag, about it.

You need Tunerpro only if you want to alter your map. Reading it out is done with  IAW reader, and flashing a new map is done with IAW writer.

What you didn't mention: make really sure your battery is good, particularly when writing. Better still, connect a charger. Also make sure your laptop will last the distance. Better still, use the power supply. If something (bike or computer) runs out of power whilst writing, you risk turning your ECU into an attractive paper weight. B)

• Like 3

Thanks for the quick reply @audiomick.  I definitely don't want to alter the map so sounds like no need for the Tunerpro for my purposes.  Good call on the battery; I will throw it on the tender overnight and then keep it charging tomorrow for both the read and write operations.  Fingers crossed this map does the trick because outside of the slight stumble issue this bike runs like a champ!

• Like 1

Well we've been in the "uploading" phase for going on an hour now and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to worry I may brick the ECM... Anxiously waiting to see the "programming complete" box pop up but am not optimistic... Anyone else experience an extended time loading a new map?

Appreciate the response. The reading part only took about 5 minutes today, but the writing is still going... I have the bike on a battery charger and it's above 12 volts so hoping that's not the issue. 

16 minutes ago, CSP Rider said:

Appreciate the response. The reading part only took about 5 minutes today, but the writing is still going... I have the bike on a battery charger and it's above 12 volts so hoping that's not the issue. 

The writing literally takes 5 seconds.

Phil

• Like 1

I made the decision to shut the key off and kill the writer program. Once I reconnected it took the literal 5 seconds to upload as @Lucky Phil said. More importantly the 3k rpm stumble/cough is now non-existent which is exactly what I was shooting for!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, CSP Rider said:

I made the decision to shut the key off and kill the writer program. Once I reconnected it took the literal 5 seconds to upload as @Lucky Phil said. More importantly the 3k rpm stumble/cough is now non-existent which is exactly what I was shooting for!

One swallow does not a summer make as the old saying goes. I wouldn't make a statement like this without quite a few miles on the bike in various weather conditions. Been there.

Phil

• Like 2