i don't know where all the members live concerning this Hurricane Helene / Tropical Storm / one helluva rain storm / bad weather. 

i hope / pray everyone w/ family & close friends in the pathway of this are safe and doing well. Please post about their conditions, etc. so we can be aware and hopefully relieved for them 

• Like 1

@gstallons

If you take a look at the community map of this forum, you will find out who lives where.

I took a quick look at those that have set their location inside the state of Florida, and did not recognize any of the nicknames usually posting.

Those extreme weather systems are now happening around the world; sometimes in places where they never had before. Recently in Cannes on the French Riviera. In Houston, we had already two this year. A "Derecho" and Beryl.

A repeat of the same situations with the same consequences all around.

The south will be inundated with heavy rains today. Major flooding to come in these areas. @docc could be in this rain band...it is over a wide area. Hope all stay safe.

• Thanks 1

I just drove a couple hours through the leeward edge of it. Just rain and no high winds. My old stomping ground on the Florida left coast got it. 
The storm surge is the worst. Not just a wall of fast moving water, but pushing trees and cars and debris. Then it has to flow back out....

• Like 1

To all in it's path ...good luck and stay safe!

We've also had our share of crazy weather down here but luckily not as extreme as other parts of the country or world.

It's heartbreaking seeing the devastation that this causes to people's lives...

• Like 2