2 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

The entire internet is at your fingertips. 

You might ask  yourself 2 questions;
Who gains by the conspiracy?
Who gains by pointing to it?

I'm not the guy saying FEMA was "interfering" when they're providing immediate disaster relief and find it totally beyond silly that anyone could collect "cloud seeds" after the biggest flooding in history -even if I believed that it would've been done in the first place which is what's really nuts.  

So far as your 2 questions, that's what I was thinking about you.   You should reread what you wrote.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, MartyNZ said:

A science based report on this: https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/science-florida-hurricane-ravaged-north-carolina-rcna173256

If you don't have an electric car in your garage and solar panels on your roof, then you contributed to this climate change. 

Speak for yourself Marty, my car runs on "cloud seeds".

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, MartyNZ said:

A science based report on this: https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/science-florida-hurricane-ravaged-north-carolina-rcna173256

If you don't have an electric car in your garage and solar panels on your roof, then you contributed to this climate change. 

Also, the recurring theme of electric vehicles bursting into flames in salt water inundation. Real stuff, for sure.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/hurricane-helene-fires-salt-water-and-lithium-ion-batteries-still-dont-mix/?hashed_email=b4b94022c1bd45a1fa61becf3ab2e64665eaea4bd3297978c54e145dd672e019&dtm_em=b4b94022c1bd45a1fa61becf3ab2e64665eaea4bd3297978c54e145dd672e019

33 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I'm not the guy saying FEMA was "interfering" when they're providing immediate disaster relief and find it totally beyond silly that anyone could collect "cloud seeds" after the biggest flooding in history -even if I believed that it would've been done in the first place which is what's really nuts.  

So far as your 2 questions, that's what I was thinking about you.   You should reread what you wrote.

One can tell when they're over the target by the cries of the offended, and the Ad Hominem argument that always follows. 
I'll not respond to any more silliness here. If you want a good drubbing, PM me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Whether the extreme weather can be attributed to a single thing, no doubt CO2 emissions and global warnings are contributors. For sure what was considered a 500 year flood have now been revised to 5 year flood.  I think before we get the climate straightened out over the next 3 or 4 generations to heal (100+ years perhaps), we'll have to reconsider reconstruction, flood plains, and better infrastructure.  Some places shouldn't be built back,  It might also mean that planning and restrictions on how much "higher ground" can be controlled by a few.  

Can it be done?  I think so.  The Netherlands and Venice have shown the technology and big infrastructure does work to protect from flooding.  I think The Netherlands is one of the most rationally run nations in the world.  But even in America, we're not going to be able to build like that for everyone, everywhere.  We'll have to have priorities as I wrote previously.

I've obviously stepped over the line here, so I apologize.  I'll drop it here.

Edited by LowRyter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/27/2024 at 6:38 AM, gstallons said:

i don't know where all the members live concerning this Hurricane Helene / Tropical Storm / one helluva rain storm / bad weather. 

i hope / pray everyone w/ family & close friends in the pathway of this are safe and doing well. Please post about their conditions, etc. so we can be aware and hopefully relieved for them 

FWIW, I checked in with our friends in Tellico Plains, Tennessee, (location of the South'n SpineRaid) and all is well. Lots of rain from Helene, but no damage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to venture out on the Quota later this week and see some of the damage myself. I'll try to take some photos for the thread.  Don't plan on going to deep into the affected area, just want to see things with my own eyes.

• Thanks 3
On 10/5/2024 at 5:42 PM, Pressureangle said:

That's what I get for calling FEMA durtee bastids.

I'd guess the 1000s of FEMA workers, volunteers, suppliers and controllers that are doing their best to help the effected likely don't give a damn what you think and will still help you anyway.  Hope you don't get caught it to find out.

Edited by LowRyter
On 10/5/2024 at 3:11 PM, MartyNZ said:

The major contributors to pollution are the industries, those coal burning days were major offenders. Even today, some powerplants are still burning coal to produce electricity.

Then there is the hidden pollutants that revolve around electric cars.

After Beryl and the Derecho we experienced in Houston earlier this year, all my neighbours have purchased generators. Natural Gas powered but still polluting.

The house where I live was built in 2016. But the roof is not designed to support solar panels. If I wanted to be brave, I would have to have a complete roof rebuild and reinforcement, have all the appropriate wiring installed, and then I would be able to lower my electricity consumption. I know someone who did exactly that, and he is having a lot of problems stemming from not having the installation conceived at building time. He has had several roof leaks, and power components failures because the wiring had to be patched.

And I would still be playing the huricane lottery every year. The wind would love to find purchase under the solar panels and rip everything off.

Electric cars are not an universal solution when you don't live in your own house and able to charge your vehicle overnight. As far as I understand, in the USA, only Tesla has a reliable charging network, including DC chargers. Tesla has also given access to his superchargers to some other vehicle manufacturers. But not all vehicles can charge at full speed. The rest of the third party network is unreliable, with chargers offline, software not working and what not.

Rather than an typical electric car, I would have been willing to try fuel cells. Unfortunately, there is no H2 distribution in Houston. I also read that H2 distribution is also unreliable in California. But the concept of H2 refueling works a lot better than electric charging. H2 refueling takes the same amount of time as gas. Gas stations could be easily overhauled to accomodate H2 distribution. After all, like today, it is only a tank to be installed. No need for electricity grid improvements.

Then again H2 is expensive, and requires a lot of electricity to be manufactured. Unless you build a Nuclear plant to make it cheaply.

We are still not there yet. It is not only the cars, but the people need to accept the fact, and do something about it. If you come to Houston, you will see that massive V8 powered pickup trucks still rule.

A lot of cut off roads, I'll go exploring where I can.

https___smartway.tn.gov_traffic_features=incident,majorImpact,traffic&position=36.26645723,-82.25235725,10.jpg

Edited by HRC_V4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, p6x said:

If you come to Houston, you will see that massive V8 powered pickup trucks still rule.

And if you come to Oregon, diesel pickups still rule, and most folks who have them like to let you know it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, p6x said:

If you come to Houston, you will see that massive V8 powered pickup trucks still rule.

26 minutes ago, activpop said:

And if you come to Oregon, diesel pickups still rule, and most folks who have them like to let you know it. 

If you come to Tennessee, those are the guys that will turn around to come back and help you jack up your blown out tire, jump off your dead battery, and give you water while they "keep the wolves away".

• Like 6