Bar risers what model are these from?

Steve Swan

These risers came installed my '02 Le Mans, installed backwards, as frontwards fouls fairing.  The problem with backwards is the levers could not be turned down, which i'm sure you all know. What model are these risers from? 

What parts from what model make the best conversion to bring the bars up and back?  I installed the original clamps, i'm almost happy with the position, but it is a tiny bit too forward and down, so anything up and back would be nice.

please pardon me, this thread should have been posted elsewhere...

20240929_170707.jpg

20240929_170720.jpg

Edited by Steve Swan
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with posting those here. Thanks for the good images.

Do those have any numbers cast into them?

I thought I recognized those , but this will be of no help . . .

th?id=OIP.N1l-PLmUbyqES8nDzMG_aQHaEK%26p

Let's not give up, though. Those risers look worth identifying . . .

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, docc said:

1 hour ago, docc said:

Thanks @docc they're not going anywhere and as they don't work well for my application, if somebody can use 'em, they're available.  What is the best setup for getting a modicum of rise and pullback?

Those pictures seem to show the clip-on mounts for a 1999 Rosso Mandello V11. Those mount below the top yoke. P/N GU01600631 & GU01600632 or GU01600731 & GU01600732.

I believe that the Le Mans normally has the clip-on mounts above the top yoke, P/N GU01600661 & GU01600761 .  

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

They are the clip-ons for the red frame bike. I didn't think they had 3 holes in the tab to hold the clip-on in place but they do . 

Now , as it is in the photo . The bar end on the left side of the picture goes on the l.h. fork leg and the right one goes on the r.h. fork leg.

The clip-ons for a black frame bike should mount on top of the triple tree . These look nothing like the red frame set-up.

Edited by gstallons
  • Like 2

All of the early RedFrame Sports, and the Rosso Mandello have a "channel" on the leading edge of the riser that mounts below the triple clamp, visible in this view. These also have the "locator" tab with the three holes:

IMG_8273.jpg

Is this channel present on your pieces,  @Steve Swan ? What is the rise from the top of the pinch clamp to the bottom of the hole for the bar? (I get 45mm on the RedFrame Sport.)

They look like std early model swan neck risers to me. Before they went to the later above the top triple clamp style. I had them on my 2000 red frame bike before I switched to the longer 43mm forks and later triple clamps with the canted stem and top triple with the clip on mount holes as shown.

IMG_3359.JPG

Phil  

10 hours ago, docc said:

All of the early RedFrame Sports, and the Rosso Mandello have a "channel" on the leading edge of the riser that mounts below the triple clamp, visible in this view. These also have the "locator" tab with the three holes:

IMG_8273.jpg

Is this channel present on your pieces,  @Steve Swan ? What is the rise from the top of the pinch clamp to the bottom of the hole for the bar? (I get 45mm on the RedFrame Sport.)

@docc yes, 45 mm rise measured from the top of the pinch clamp to the bottom of the hole for the bar.  on the underside of riser is a channel, if this is what you are referring to...?  

also, a simple oil question, i don't want to start a dreaded oil thread.  i have 2 gallons of Motorex 4T PowerSynt (synthetic) 10/60 from when i have my '09 CalVin...  The Le Mans owner's manual calls for 20/50 which i am assuming is mineral or mineral/synthetic...?  i run Castrol semi-synthetic 20/50 in my '11 V7R, of which i have 3 gallons.

so, my questions are:

1) would it be ok to run the Motorex 4T PowerSynt (synthetic) 10/60 in the Le Mans?

2) or should i stick with 20/50, and if so, then is it ok to the run Castrol semi-synthetic 20/50?

Thanks in advance

20 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

Those pictures seem to show the clip-on mounts for a 1999 Rosso Mandello V11. Those mount below the top yoke. P/N GU01600631 & GU01600632 or GU01600731 & GU01600732.

I believe that the Le Mans normally has the clip-on mounts above the top yoke, P/N GU01600661 & GU01600761 .  

image.png

image.png

@MartyNZ thank you for your comments and parts diagrams.  sure makes sense risers i have may be Rosso Mandello...  do these taller "under the triple clamp" riser give anymore rise than the "above clamp" short risers? i am guessing negligible if none...?

2 hours ago, Steve Swan said:

@MartyNZ thank you for your comments and parts diagrams.  sure makes sense risers i have may be Rosso Mandello...  do these taller "under the triple clamp" riser give anymore rise than the "above clamp" short risers? i am guessing negligible if none...?

The above the clamp risers are actually slightly higher and vibrate less.

Phil