Guzzi Tour of Corsica & Sardinia

Bill Hagan

I’ll spare you the “Buon giorno” and similar affectations of many who have just returned from Italy or wherever.  🙄

I got back a few days ago from a motorcycle tour — on Moto Guzzis, of course 😄🇮🇹🏍️ — of France’s Corsica and Italy’s Sardinia.

It likely surprises no one who knows me and is reading this to know that I have some pic and vid evidence of that trip.  😄

Actually, all of the “riding” pix and vids were supplied by others, and primarily Retno & Tresno (Indonesian Guzzisti) and Paula, a Brazilian pillion.  Thanks to them as, quite frankly, I saw very little scenery as I was just trying to stay alive!  😱

First, a quick word for the TLDR types and anyone else who has interest in but too little time … or simply has the attention span of a gerbil.  😄

Bear in mind that I started with about 1800(!) pix, and culled those to a number you’ll have to open the slideshow to see, but more than 85% fewer!

That said, if you have neither time nor inclination to see all the pix, just watch the three brief vids that start very early in the slideshow.  They capture so much of the riding experience that was often a tunnel of terror for me at the time.

The pix link opens in “collage landscape,” thereby (in theory, at least) permitting you to see all pix at once, and to see all (untruncated) captions by hovering your cursor over individual pix.    

Open the slideshow to see the larger pix and captions … (tho, maddeningly) Smugmug allows captions to fade after several unless you work at seeing them.  Grrrrr.

And, here is a link to some vids that I did not include in the slideshow, but you might find interesting.

Best,

Bill

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1. The coffee. So few pictures lol

2. That boo-boo is why my boots are over the calf.

3. You guys spent a lot more time on the ground than I'd have thought. 

4. If you care to share, what was the total cost?  

Fantastic.

• Like 1

This was a particularly challenging photo-collage to select a single favorite. Yet, I chose this one. Certainly for the captivating character depicted, gelato in hand, but made ever more curious by the story behind the fleeting donna misteriosa in the background . . . and that longing look . 

i-Xkx9ZBz-XL.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Looks like a great trip. The day-of-the-week floor mats were funny. Bummer about the spill - and that's about what I thought would happen to the pipes on new engines. Cattle in the road... classic. Scenery... stunning. And Brazilian Pillion... well that just sounds right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

France’s Corsica

I sure hope you never said that when you were in Corsica as you could have gotten yourself in trouble....:P

Corsican who's actual dialect is the same as that used in Sardinia, wanted, still want their independance from France as they claim there are not French in any way... for those who are not Corsican natives and elect to live there, they may be subjected to the same mafia techniques as you find in Italy Sicily...;)

As for the island, it is really beautiful and a wonder to tour on a motorcycle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

1. The coffee. So few pictures lol

2. That boo-boo is why my boots are over the calf.

3. You guys spent a lot more time on the ground than I'd have thought. 

4. If you care to share, what was the total cost?  

Fantastic.

As for cost, do you want the real amount ... or what I told Kathi? :grin:

• Haha 5