Expensive Rear hugger

Guest creggleton

Guest cliffy
:) Hi !! I modified my stock hugger(as in trimmed it down) so it doesnt look so hideous!. I cant justify the expense of a carbon hugger on a road bike no matter how good it looks as they end up looking crap after being pebble dashed with road crud after a few thousand miles . If i can workout how to post a pic of what i have done i will but these fangled computers have got the better of me at the moment!! Honestly look hard at your plastic hugger and youll see something can be done with it ,i cut triangular holes in it to match the front fender and then slimmed it down!! :luigi: cheers matey :bier: l

• 6 months later...
Guest Cantaloop

Hi folks,

ok, i ordered the stucci rear hugger already.. but i like the hoekenschnieder-version much more, because it is like the original one.

I talked with a company not far away from my location in germany: www.pferrer.de

This company produces raceparts in carbon fibre. If i could manage to get 20 people, who like to have a rear hugger in original shape, the price will be 200 euro for each... no shipping incl.

If you are seriously interested, send me a mail with your name, adress and your telephonnumber to freestyle-communication(at)vr-web.de. I dont earn a dime on this action. But i like to share experiances...

C Ya.

Hi folks,

ok, i ordered the stucci rear hugger already.. but i like the hoekenschnieder-version much more, because it is like the original one.

I talked with a company not far away from my location in germany: www.pferrer.de

This company produces raceparts in carbon fibre.  If i could manage to get 20 people, who like to have a rear hugger in original shape, the price will be 200 euro for each... no shipping incl.

If you are seriously interested, send me a mail with your name, adress and your telephonnumber to freestyle-communication(at)vr-web.de. I dont earn a dime on this action. But i like to share experiances...

C Ya.

42541[/snapback]

Ouch. E$200? Can you talk them into making a mold for that same price? We can individually pay to ship it to the next guy in line & vacbag our own layups... ;)

If you're just looking to copy the original equip., what about using that as your form?

Hmmm.... I just had a think! ["No you idiot, you didn't have a think, you had a thought! -- Oh, really? Rats, for a minute there, I thought I had a think..." :grin: ]

Hey Pinkie, are you thinking what I'm thinking?:

1 qt of epoxy resin: $20

1 huge acetate baggie: $? - maybe $5? $10?

1 yard of CF fabric: $30

1 garage sale vacuum whose motor you don't mind burning up: $10

Seriously, I don't see any way it'll cost more than $100 to DIY using the stock part as a form...

:luigi:

Craig

I found this one the other day....

http://www.skykingproducts.com/Merchant2/m...de=120203003824

29306[/snapback]

That link did not work for me, but I found this hot tri umph hugger at http://skykingproducts.com/store/events/Summer/skykingproducts_Joyce_Front.jpg

And for those who want a little more flash

http://skykingproducts.com/store/events/Mi...ts_DSC00675.JPG

or http://skykingproducts.com/store/events/Miki/ for the complete Miki spread

I'm SORRY was there a bike somewhere in those pictures? I swear I didn't see any. AND I have the Bike magazine someone spoke of and I'd much rather have the Ducati 1000 DS or the Aprilia Futura for a sport tourer Than a 999, With that logic and price tag you might as well get the Benelli or the MV agusta I mean at least then youre being different right?

:bike:

"Why follow When the other guy doesn't have directions either?"