Anyone dual-plug a V11?

jtucker

....the thread that will never die :P

:lol:

Thanks for the technical summary 911st :thumbsup:

My timing is retarded about 28 degrees(if I recall from speaking with TLM), heads are ported, am installing Mike Rich 10:1 pistons(~10.5:1 in my case do to aforementioned head work), and will also have the Megacycle 620x9 cam installed next week.

So hopefully this will all work together well as a final "package" :bike:

al

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Al, does Jaap start it?

36678[/snapback]

heh, no actually Jason Tucker(who has been on haitus for quite some time :unsure: ) started the thread back in late '02. I chimed in about 3 posts later :D

....and other than the "hollow axle" thread, has ended up being one of the longest, both in length and duration, our forum has seen :bier:

al

I've managed to avoid the "hollow axle" thread so far!

How do you alter your ignition timing? Do you change the whole curve or reprogram it?

36698[/snapback]

....rrrrroll back a couple pages(page 8 to be exact) :P .....and you'll see the thread start to talk about TLM in The Netherlands and their ECU remapping service.

As of a year ago, they would remap your ECU's(actually just swap yours for one already done) ignition timing map, for 250 Euro. They say they have some fella that is a whiz at building a great ignition map for the V11, and he does the work for them.

I sent mine to TLM and within a week or two I had a remapped unit back here in the USA.

Pricey for sure, but no one else(at the time, and AFAIK, still true) here in the USA can, or is willing to perform this service other than some guys I spoke with up in Chicago, and they wanted similar money, and needed the bike on-hand :doh:

al

heh, no actually Jason Tucker(who has been on haitus for quite some time  :unsure: ) started the thread back in late '02.  I chimed in about 3 posts later  :D

....and other than the "hollow axle" thread, has ended up being one of the longest, both in length and duration, our forum has seen  :bier:

al

36680[/snapback]

I thought:

J = jaap

tucker =jaap

:cheese:

Antonio, calling me a Tukker is the same thing as calling a Roman a Napolitan.

Ich bin ein "Achterhoeker"!!!

Explanation: Achterhoek is a region in Holland, as is "Tukkerland" (=Twente) The respective natives are in a constanst state of (tribal) war...

hi there,

if anyone is interested... apparently the bobines used for twin sparking V11's are the same part number as bobines used in a Fiat Cinqaciento or something like that...

ciao

jasper

hi there,

if anyone is interested... apparently the bobines used for twin sparking V11's are the same part number as bobines used in a Fiat Cinqaciento or something like that...

ciao

jasper

36849[/snapback]

...not sure what "bobines" are, but I'll make a guess that they are the coils.

If so, TLM can order the exact OEM plug-in replacement coils, that are simply dual-output versions of the coils already on our bikes, instead of adapting others.

...no muss, no fuss, and best of all, no "modification" of the wiring harness required. Just plug and play :bike:

Check back a few pages on this thread, or the FAQ, for the part # :thumbsup:

al

yeah sorry al coils... your right...

But the latest i have heard the items you get from TLM are the fiat cincoceinto (or however you write that!) So it could well be that they are a bit cheaper and easier to obtain from your local fiat dealer that's if you have any in the states.. will be easier in europe..

ciao

jap

yeah sorry al coils... your right...

But the latest i have heard the items you get from TLM are the fiat cincoceinto (or however you write that!) So it could well be that they are a bit cheaper and easier to obtain from your local  fiat dealer that's if you have any in the states.. will be easier in europe..

ciao

jap

36885[/snapback]

Good to know :thumbsup:

al

Back on the board for my periodic fix of V11 info. Had to bump this thread again! Also, had to take a moment to laugh at Jasper's "local fiat dealer" comment! :grin: