headlight replacement

Guest lintonsa

Guest lintonsa

I really need some help. I just attempted to replace the headlight bulb in my 04 Le Mans, but for some reason I couldn't get passed the small panel removal. Yes, I did consult the manual first. I have to vent for just a second, the manual is perhaps one of the worst or poorly written that I've ever experienced. I can't seem to get to the bulb it self. How in the hell does that shroud come off ? I'm frustrated because to me it seems like such a simple task. Please, anyone with a few minutes to spare, please help me out if you would.

Guest chong-chong
I really need some help. I just attempted to replace the headlight bulb in my 04 Le Mans, but for some reason I couldn't get passed the small panel removal. Yes, I did consult the manual first. I have to vent for just a second, the manual is perhaps one of the worst or poorly written that I've ever experienced. I can't seem to get to the bulb it self. How in the hell does that shroud come off ? I'm frustrated because to me it seems like such a simple task. Please, anyone with a few minutes to spare, please help me out if you would.

:homer: I feel your frustration. I went through the same headache. It wasn't until I read (on this forum?) that the easiest way to get to the headlight bulb is to take off the whole fairing. Keep all the pieces fastened together, just unbolt the faring off of the frame and remove it as a single unit. There aren't that many bolts to undo and it goes alot quicker than messing with that little panel.

1-Take the mirrors off ..2-hex head in front of turn signal left and right...3- top hex bolt on air scoop left and right ( maybe the bottom one. ) you can look and see which one goes in a rubber wellnut...4- hex bolt left and right at the back of fairing just in front of your knees sitting on the bike. :luigi:

with everything undone,from the front of the bike, act like your going to hug your MG and grab the left and right side of the fairing somewhere by the tank and spread it just a little and walk straight back.

be very careful with the little tangs that hold the wire clip for the lamp.the whole thing is plastic except for the lens.

reasemble in reverse order! :rasta:

cheers andy

Guest lintonsa

Thanks very much all. Will tackle the problem in the morning. I still have no idea what that owners manual is referring to. Its crap. Maybe it's just me but I tried to use the search feature before I sent my post. All I seemed to come up with was random technical topics and FAQ's. Is there a place on this forum that I could read to make better use of the search function ? Thanks again all.