bar risers on lemans

fernando

there is a dealer from texas that offers a high quality assembly to raise the handlebars on the lemans.

the lines for brake ,clutch have to be replaced with new ones.

my question is ----

has anyone installed these ????

i ask because i am thinking of making my ride more comfortable by raising the bars.

but,the other day i raised my hands on the bar to simulate the higher bars and while on the interstate i found that the position was not really comfortable due to the wind............................

i know that there is someone in europe that makes a higher fairing for the lemans.

but?????

anyone has tried them ??????/

results ??????

fernando

Fernando, the risers will work on a LeMans, as MPH designed them to do so.

I'd love to be able to give you a quick answer on what risers are out there, along with photos and descriptions.... but unfortunately(fortunately?? :P ) .... there actually are a lot of options now these days. And there have been the requisite number of discussions associated. So it would impossible for me to cover them all here.

WRT to the MPH risers. They are very popular, and seem to be well made. Several folks have them installed here. In my opinion, the only caveat is that they move the bars out a bit, making them wider, but this is true of any riser design of this type.

Following are many threads on the subject, although not comprehensive.

A quick search for "risers":

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...highlite=risers

A quick search for "bars" (dangit, can't search on 3 letter items <_>

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...s&highlite=bars

Hope that helps a bit :thumbsup:

al

Guest Roadslayer

Fernando. Yes I have installed MPH bar risers on my '02' LeMans. See my post titled My '02' LeMans and follow it to my pictures aswell. You'll find it in 24/7 on about page 3 or 4,dated July 31,'04'. Roadslayer

You might want to look at the Williamsville risers. They go on in about 10 minutes - no new brake/clutch lines. I have about 400 miles on mine now and really like the extra height (I also have the Evoluzione peg relocators and a higher MRA windshield). It seems to take awhile for some of us old fussbudgets to get the ergos where we want them. :bier:

Check page 3 in the following thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...iamsville&st=30

post-8-1048577363.jpg

They seem like a very simple and clean solution for someone that only needs a little height, and not a lot of fiddling and adjustment.

Also, in theory, for most people... they don't seem to need any new brake or clutch lines as the rise is mild enough not to warrant it.

al