Help wiring FBF fender eliminator!

Guest CafeRacer

Guest CafeRacer

To anyone who has successfully installed the Ferracci fender eliminator I ask:

Which wires go to what? I've got a Blue with Red a Yellow and a Black on the Bike end and a Blue, Yellow and Green on the taillight end. The Blue with Red and the Blue seem to light up the light brightly when the brake lever is pulled, but I can't seem to get it to glow dimly when the bike is simply on.

Help!

Ben

Guest callithrix

I can empathize with your confusion. First buy some some 5amp (yellow) Fuses just in case you accidentally short the circuit. The hookup procedure that worked for me is the following; Blue FBF wire to the red/ blue guzzi wire, Yellow FBF wire to Yellow Guzzzi wire and Green FBF wire to Black Guzzi wire. You may have to changethe connecters and since the FBF tail light is pretty weak you may want to add an auxilllary LED light bar from JC whitney or local car supply source and set it up for either continous lighting or as an auxiallry brake tail light. Best of luck. :bike:

Guest Neronut

I must be wrong, but it looks to me like the right front signal(green wire) light is wired to the left rear signal. And of course, the left front (pink wire) to the right rear signal in the drawing.

:blink:

Good grief!!! You're absolutely right! And guess what? It's like that on the original schematic I have as well as the one for the 2004 catalytic model. This is why it's invaluable to have others spot these mistakes so I can fix them. Moto Guzzi sure doesn't seem to catch these errors...

Thanks.

I'll fix them soon.

This just got posted to the world (3 other boards), but Neronut deserves the credit for spotting the error.

Try as I might, I can't catch every error the first time out. It has been pointed out to me that the turn signal wiring on the schematics for the two variants of V11 Sport that I have posted on my web page are incorrect. They have been corrected and if you've downloaded them in the past, you should replace them with the corrrected version. BTW. The errors are on the original schematic, so all I did was repeat them. My thanks to the sharp eyed afficionados at the v11lemans.com web site.

Now, will someone with a 2004 V11 Sport tell me whether MG has REALLY left the generator light off of the new models? It sure isn't on the schematic I used to draft from. Left and Right turn signals instead. Maybe this is progress...

http://home.pacbell.net/guzzi007/schematic...9_V11_sport.gif

http://home.pacbell.net/guzzi007/schematics/2004_EV.gif