Guzzi Ti cans/ECU kit

Baldini

I've got hold of the Guzzi Ti cans/ECU kit. I want to fit it to my 02 Scura.

I read the instructions...

Connect PC with MDST & vacumeter :huh: ...potentiometer ... :unsure: til 2.9 +/- 0.1 deg (465mv...)... :blink: ...trim value... :( ... :blink: ...CO @ 4% value... :wacko:

:o I've only ever had carbs before. Anyone fitted these things can explain what I need to do the job? Vacuum gauge? Gas analyser? PC connection? & what's a potentiometer? :wacko:

I've got a multimeter... :unsure:

Am I unqualified for this kind of work?

Thanks, KB :sun:

Bolt on cans.... plug in new ECU.... ride :bike:

^_^

As long as you've got the correct ECU for your model year, and you don't have any other major modifications to the engine/intake/exhaust, it really should be a plug-and-play affair.... as it is designed to be.... probably an hour's job at most, and the bulk of that being trying to get the cans to hang even :rolleyes:

The figures in the instructions are just suggesting that one check that all the other variables are within spec, such as the TPS, CO levels, etc... and if your bike is basically unmolested, and ran fine before installing the new kit.... then again, it should be plut-and-play, with no additional tinkering required.

However, all things are a compromise, and as such, I'm sure it could still be tuned even better specifically for your bike.

So assuming that it runs fine after installing the kit, just ride it until it's time for the next service, and then just have the shop check the CO levels, etc... and fine-tune the map on the ECU as needed... to get it just that little bit better for your specific bike.

Bottom line, ceteris paribus ... no, you shouldn't need any additional tools or instruments other than a wrench and hex drive or two B)

al

CONGRATULATIONS!

How did you get them? Are they the ones that you had ordered ages ago?

Do you know if new stock has been released?

:food:

How did you get them? Are they the ones that you had ordered ages ago?

Do you know if new stock has been released?

I had them on back order from Motomecca. I think they only got one set - don't know where or how...

KB :sun:

• 2 weeks later...
... runs fine after installing the kit, just ride it until it's time for the next service, and then just have the shop check the CO levels, etc... and fine-tune the map on the ECU as needed...

Well I fitted it, & finally got out today on dry roads. Heh, heh :thumbsup:

The cans are really light, I don't have a decent set of scales but they're way less than half the weight of the originals. They look well made, straight thru absorbtion type. Brackets are a bit scrappy - but do the job. Bike goes great, not huge difference (it was already running pretty good after Baldrick Corsa sorted the fueling)...I'm not much good at analysing how bikes go ..but...maybe a little lumpier below 3k, noticably more grunt from 3-4K & flies from 6K to redline, feels more eager to rev throughout range. Not as noisy as I'd worried it might be - louder but deep tone. And no more ground clearance worries - wahhaaaayyy!

Get the PCIII on there to smooth it all out :)

I figure Guzzi kit doesn't need PC, it goes well, no real stutters or bad flat spots, pulls real hard to redline. It has new ECU, I'll get fueling side set up by someone who knows what they're doing. From what I've seen & heard, I think a lot of bikes come new badly set up & people go straight for a PC instead of getting std system well sorted. I had FI sorted before on std cans/ECU - made big difference. Can't believe it could have been made much better by PC. It pulled clean thru revs, just slightly flat around 4.5K - this seems normal to me. Sometime I may change intake side, maybe then I'll need a PC, dunno.

I don't want a PC if I can avoid it, or unti I have to have one -apart from the extra cost, I know FA about electronics so I won't be able to do nothing with - it's an added complication, I have to find a Dyno & pay to get it set up, & it's something else to go wrong...

are you able to post a picture of your baby with the new cans ...

Nori san,

... haven't got a digital camera, don't know how to post pix - cept to email it to jaap...I'll take a pic & do that - but may be a while....

there's a pic of a lemans w/kit here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/uploads/po...-1092883108.jpg

:bier: KB

• 3 weeks later...
I figure Guzzi kit doesn't need PC...

Uhhh... I have a ton of dynorun/air-fuel data that says otherwise. I'm not telling you to by one, but if and when, I have the PCIII corrected map to make it run like it should. It's all about black and white data. ;)

My $.02,

Todd@GuzziTech.com

Uhhh... I have a ton of dynorun/air-fuel data that says otherwise. I'm not telling you to by one, but if and when, I have the PCIII corrected map to make it run like it should...

Todd - you are sure that the V11 with Guzzi ECU/Ti cans kit cannot be made to run right simply by correctly adjusting std FI components? You are saying a PC is a necessity for optimum performance?

Todd - you are sure that the V11 with Guzzi ECU/Ti cans kit cannot be made to run right simply by correctly adjusting std FI components? You are saying a PC is a necessity for optimum performance?

Of all the Guzzis I've seen on the dyno, all of them benefitted from the PCIII. The PCIII maps and air/fuel dyno prove it, time after time. Let's just say on a bone stock US-spec '03 V11 LeMans, fuel changes are as aggressive as -24% to +14% fuel changes, on average, with the Ti/ECU "Race" kit.

Will most folks consider their bike to run well after dropping $900-ish on the cans and ECU... probably. I'm not saying it will run "bad", just not the potential optimum.

Todd@GuzziTech.com

Certified PCIII Tech

GuzziTech.com PCIIIs

Will most folks consider their bike to run well after dropping $900-ish on the cans and ECU... probably. I'm not saying it will run "bad", just not the potential optimum.

I agree. The Ti Pipe/ECU w/Stucci xover was the first mod I did. Made a HUGE difference, all on its own. I may have just left it alone at that point, but..what the hell....

Then I put the FBF airbox and PCIII on, and did the Dyno Run. Just seeing the numbers all up on the screen, and being tweaked, and watching the graphs change on the next pass was really fascinating (especially for me, since I consider myself pretty mechanically challanged..heheh)..

worth the $$$ invho.

Of all the Guzzis I've seen on the dyno, all of them benefitted from the PCIII. ...on a bone stock US-spec '03 V11 LeMans, fuel changes are as aggressive as -24% to +14% fuel changes, on average, with the Ti/ECU "Race" kit.

]

Todd,

Were all the bikes dynoed with std FI system expertly set up for optimal running - before PC was fitted?