lower cost exhaust

Guest aj howard

Guest aj howard

Hey,

Has anyone here tried buying a pair of performance cans and haveing a pipe bent to fit a Guzzi??

I was reading the article on Sport Bike where they test slip on's with a 600.. the pipe from the muffler to the x-over doesn't look all that tricky to make

Enzo?? anyone??

:huh:

Guest bshpilot

im actually tryin to do this...i have a line on the mufflers

& getting the "pipe" isnt so hard but trying to

find someone that can mandrel bend the stainless pipe

is another story.

Guest PAULSMART

Yes

this is exactly what i did when I first bought my V11 in 2001 - at the time I think the only exhausts you could buy were Mistral's

I wanted high swept exhaust like an 888 ducati.

So off I trotted to a large bike show and selected the best aftermarket cans I could find - carbon ovals and then found a exhaust guy who made up some short connecting length pipes, this was not cheap but well worth it.

Now there's a great range of pipes following the upswept route

Paul

I was thinking about this as well. I was in the Arlen Ness shop and asked their pipe guy if he could do the work.. his reply was that they only did the longitudinal v twins..

(and I say longitudinal only to get Al going again !! :D:D )

So Paul.. you got aftermarket slipons (generic) and then had connector pipes custom made ??

Thanks, Tim

Guest PAULSMART

That's right

It is not a low cost option - I would buy ready system today as It did'nt save me much money - two short length of s/s pipes cost £200!!! plus £250 for cans - and the cost after messing about, taking the bike to the exhaust guy to tailor fit, say another £ 100 = £550 or approx $950

Paul

Guest aj howard

How much are you looking at for the cans Pilot?

The interesting thing about the test was the fact that on a 600 sportbike the slip ons alone didn't make much difference 2 or 3 hp out of 107hp.. They said that the powercommander didn't help the dyno numbers on the bike, but it helped the driveability..

Guest cliffy
:) If you like modern race cans and feel performance is paramount i would suggest that mistral or equivelant cans must be the only way, you could spend the same or even more messing about trying to get others to fit!.I personally dont like modern can shapes and short of getting them made i would really like to see tapered megaphone pipes on the market!!cheers :bier::helmet::bike:

• 2 years later...
Guest guzzirich

Hey,

Has anyone here tried buying a pair of performance cans and haveing a pipe bent to fit a Guzzi??

I was reading the article on Sport Bike where they test slip on's with a 600.. the pipe from the muffler to the x-over doesn't look all that tricky to make

Enzo?? anyone??

:huh:

Used the original cans on my V11 Scura, had them cut down abit and raised ala Gallasetti exhausts (google for the pics). Cost £250 sterling. Works well, sounds great, looks good!

Rgds,

Rich

:) i would really like to see tapered megaphone pipes on the market!!cheers :bier::helmet::bike:

Ditto. I loved the look and sound of the reverse cone megaphones I had on my Norton, and would buy them if they had a large enough diameter to slip right on.

There is a firm that makes good quality, reasonable priced replacements for stock Nortons and sells them through Norvil in England. You might be able to convince them to have them made for your bike. You're a lot closer than I am-perhaps you could get a dialogue going with them.

Guest Gary Cheek

I have an extra pair of stock V11 cans that you are welcome to. The existing inlet pipes may be trimmed, swaged or welded as needed to adapt cans to your bike. That can help put off some of the cost for you. I understand trying to save money.

I bent a 1/8 inch steel rod as a pattern and had a muffler shop bent mine for me. I had supply the stainless tubing from a local shop. Cost was 40$. labor 40$ materials.