PCIII users...

RacerX

Hey folks,

Just spent the last two days at Dynojet doing some Guzzi work. I wanted to post that if your PCIIIusb is older then three months or so, please return it to Dynojet for a firmware upgrade. You can simply ship it to their North Las Vegas address, and put "Firmware Upgrade Request" on the label. They will pay return shipping.

ALSO... Al you reading this... a timing module is being tested (for other models), but I will be on a mission to have them build one for the Guzzi PCIIIusb's. I will be announcing when it is ready on GuzziTech.com probably late this year, early next.

ALSO too... Dynojet should have a PCIIIusb for the partial closed loop 15M (Breva and most Euro models) completely finished (02 sensor block off) within the next few weeks. Again, I will start offering them on GuzziTech.com once they are finished. I do not imagine that any of the above information will make it onto their website anytime soon.

ALSO three... check out Widebandcommander.com - it's a recordable air/fuel data logger with guage. No, this is not a closed loop Power Commander. Primarily built for the car market, but being used on motorcycles as I write.

More to come.

Todd@GuzziTech.com

Gotcha Todd :thumbsup:

....if they ever get that ignition module in there, I'll probably have to run down to SoCal to let you map it, as I don't think anyone up here has the expertise... especially WRT the ignition curve.

Let us know how it goes.

BTW, what's the significance of the firmware update?

al

Guest gooddog

whats the story with the upgrade? i bought my commander back in feb, is there a serial number indicating the need for the recall? i just got my bike back together, and would hate to have to shut it down for another month waiting for dyno jet to send back the unit.

just had the FBF airbox added, and waiting for a crossover. i'm not sure the bike would be able to handle running without the pc111 for any amonut of time.

BTW, what's the significance of the firmware update?

A rare few bikes have turned out for what seems to be a "glitch/hiccup" in the injection (much like the older serial models did). This is a rare occurance... only one so far for Guzzis. But it you have the time, it never hurts to have it done. If your bike is running great, don't worry about it, and if/when the weather turns bad in your area, throw it in the mail.

Todd@GuzziTech.com

I have a serial (non-USB) PC which works very good. What would be the advantage of USB PC?

Does it make sense to change?

Basically, what is the difference between the two?

I have a serial (non-USB) PC which works very good. What would be the advantage of USB PC?

Does it make sense to change?

Basically, what is the difference between the two?

Well, if your standard PCIII is doing everything you want it to do, and the bike runs great.... then I guess you don't *need* to upgrade to the USB model. That would be my opinion.

But the USB model offers a few advantages.

First, it has the ability to support a 100% more granular map than the previous model. The standard PCIII sets the fuel mixture on 500RPM steps, where the USB model can map on 250RPM increments.

The USB model, due to it's more powerful processor and different architecture, also has the ability for add-in modules..... both sofware and hardware.

An example for our application is the "Accellerator Pump" software upgrade, as comvered in this thread: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ic=3017&hl=pump

Another example, although currently not available for our application, is the hardware ignition curve module. Although as mentioned by Todd above, this may be coming.

There are probably other advantages as well that I am unaware of that Todd can cover.

But I believe these are the basics. And again, my opinion is that as long as the standard PCIII is meeting your needs, you are probably fine keeping that model.

al

Guest GGuzzi

How can you tell if you have one or the other. Is there something written on the the PC111 itself. I unfortunatly did not recieve the software along with the PC111 they installed it and did not give me any of the components like instructions, cd, etc. Been trying to get all the hardware since but george at FBF is a bit of a LMF.

How can you tell if you have one or the other. Is there something written on the the PC111 itself.

Serial port PCIII pic here:

pc3.jpg

USB here:

pciiiusb.jpg

Other then the looks, the second one does actually have "usb" written on it.

Again, don't stress yourself over this, but if your bike currently has a hiccup or runs vastly different day to day, just send it back for the firmware upgrade.

Todd@GuzziTech.com

Certified PCIII Tech

Guest Marcel

Just a question,

how about it for European customers? The NL specifically for me? Do I send it to the states? Not really what I wanna do with customs etc.

It's not flashable at home (the firmware, that is)?

Just a question,

how about it for European customers? The NL specifically for me? Do I send it to the states? Not really what I wanna do with customs etc.

Marcel,

I know a guy how is handy with PC. Ruud Fredriks in Goes Holland. Here his site http://www.tovami.com/

I have an appointment next 4 sept. to adjust my ECU.

ciao

Just a question,

Marcel,

No the firmware upgrade is not do-able by the consumer.

Dynojet is worldwide including:

Las Vegas, Nevada

Belgrade, Montana

Oss, The Netherlands

Barnacre, England

Krefeld, Germany

Link to contact info. here:

http://www.powercommander.com/contmail.shtml

Todd