Guzzi Rear Cargo Bag

Guest Natrix

Guest Natrix

I purchased the Guzzi rack and rear cargo bag for my 2004 Ballabio a couple of months ago. The longer I have the cargo bag, the more I realize how clever and useful it is. I know that there is some negative sentiment on this site about Guzzi stuff, but I think it's a little misguided! In addition to the rack and cargo bag, I also have a Guzzi leather jacket which is very high quality and does exactly what its supposed to do. Anyway, back to the cargo bag. It has an ingenious zipper system that keeps it at a reasonably small volume, unless you want to expand it to hold a helmet. Then you can unzip another zipper and the bag expands large enough to hold a full face helmet! This bag is perfect for commuting. I ride my bike to work nearly every day for 8 months out of the year. This little bag is perfect for packing shoes, books, tools, etc. etc. It also fits very tightly onto the Guzzi rack which attaches very securely to the motorcycle. There is something to be said for buying an accessory for a Guzzi that doesn't have to be cut, drilled, ground, and/or otherwise modified. If you use your V11 for everyday commuting I highly recommend this stuff. :mg:

Will a laptop fit inside the tail-bag?

I bought the rear rack a long time ago, and have kept it boxed-up for that "long trip" I plan to get around to one day :rolleyes: But as I've done more and more research, there seem to be quite a few tail-bags out there that "in theory" should attach to the rear pillion quite well :huh2: ....without the need for a rack.

But I've been keeping my eyes peeled for one of these bags to show up on eBay anyway, "just in case" .... for a long while now. I mean, heck... it matches my tank-bag after all :D

Glad to hear such a positive review :thumbsup:

al

I've had the Guzzi rack and bag for about a year and now I can't live without it. :D Lots of room with the zipper system.

My only complaint is that the aluminum doesn't match anything else on the Rosso (as someone's wife pointed out in another post). Maybe a dark grey powder coat some day. ^_^

Guest Natrix

The answer to Al's question is NO, the tail bag is not big enough for most laptop computers. There may be some really small ones out there that would fit, but I haven't seen them. The dimensions of the expanded bag exactly match the dimensions of a large, full face helmet. :(

I have the semi-soft Teknos. I am very happy with them, but I should say I did have to do some drilling and grinding in order to get the mounting brackets on the bike.