Scura R and higher compression

robbiekb

Does anyone outside of Mandello know what Guzzi is doing to run higher compression ? When I first saw the anouncement in MCN , i thought immediately of the Ferracci high compression pistons :) If it is those, be prepared for new Scura R owners talking about blowing oil through the exhaust on startup :)

Guest watanabe

helicopterjim

I also thinking about FBF piston.

Let me ask some questions.

1. Is ADVANCED-TIMING needed to chnage?

2. No serious PINGING?

3. Is headwork including Valve-job needed?

4. Did you change anything but pistons?

5. How is your bike running after changing piston?

thnak you!

Hey Jim, fraid to say so, but you're definitely blowing oil when cold under start up. I have the same FBF pistons and when cold they're slightly undersized. Having oil blow through the pistons like that is actually good for the engine and several popular motors do it, including my Audi TT. Maybe you just havenae noticed it because your pipes are not using the high mounts, talking to micha at MI, every FBF kit he's done has blown oil slightly when cold.

helicopterjim

I also thinking about FBF piston.

Let me ask some questions.

1. Is ADVANCED-TIMING needed to chnage?

2. No serious PINGING?

3. Is headwork including Valve-job needed?

4. Did you change anything but pistons?

5. How is your bike running after changing piston?

thnak you!

34199[/snapback]

as jim would attest, the pistons just drop straight in with no additional work required other than tweaking yer Power Commander Map, my bike runs really strong with it's mods.

Well, although not exactly the same as the FBF pistons, my Mike Rich pistons, cam, springs, and lifters(need new ones with a new cam) are on their way.

So I should be able to drop them off at Moto Italiano for the case replacement sometime next week :thumbsup:

Hopefully the results are as positive as what you all have experienced with the FBF variety.

al