K&N Pods and Airbox Removal

hgravelpha@aol.com

There is a BIG difference between airbox and pods. I'd recommend doing a new dynorun.

Removing the airbox is bolt off job. If I rember well you have to remove the tank to get proper access. And find a secure place for the airbox sensor. Good luck!

Two threads on the subject:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=969

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2161

• 19 years later...

Same here , my black frame had K&N pods when I bought it . Sounded terrible and just didn't look good. You can install them if you want..........but

my greenie came with pods (from PO), and i think they look good, and the bike ran/runs great in general, though perhaps is a little less than ideal in higher speed cruising.  I liked how it exposes that rear suspension part of the red frame bike, but of course that’s all in the eye of the beholder.  As a “sunday driver”, I liked it.

That said, if i were to make it a regular rider or touring bike i’d probably convert it back to the OEM airbox, and said as much to the good guy that recently bought my Greenie.   So I’m now looking for an airbox.  i assume watching this forum and/or ebay would yield one, but that’s the question…. anyone have knowledge of one floating around?  the fellow who bought my bike will likely join this forum, and is local, so thought i’d poke around to see if we can locate an airbox for him. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 11:18 AM, Gmc28 said:

my greenie came with pods (from PO), and i think they look good, and the bike ran/runs great in general, though perhaps is a little less than ideal in higher speed cruising.  I liked how it exposes that rear suspension part of the red frame bike, but of course that’s all in the eye of the beholder.  As a “sunday driver”, I liked it.

That said, if i were to make it a regular rider or touring bike i’d probably convert it back to the OEM airbox, and said as much to the good guy that recently bought my Greenie.   So I’m now looking for an airbox.  i assume watching this forum and/or ebay would yield one, but that’s the question…. anyone have knowledge of one floating around?  the fellow who bought my bike will likely join this forum, and is local, so thought i’d poke around to see if we can locate an airbox for him. 

Good luck finding a "take-off" V11 airbox. Turns out, chicks dig 'em. :sun:

Although no one will say for what . . .

V11airbox.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, docc said:

Good luck finding a "take-off" V11 airbox. Turns out, chicks dig 'em. :sun:

Although no one will say for what . . .

V11airbox.jpg

aha, thats the parts catalogue i’ve been looking for….

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Unlike the RU-1780 recommended by others, the K&N RU-1400 filters fit my 2004 V11 LeMans perfectly.

$60 USD each
49mm flange inside diamter 
20 degree flange angle
51mm flange length
102mm long overall
87x85mm filter

KN-RU-1400.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1