rear schock length

Guest freddy

As i tried to understand how to set my suspensions on my scura, i called the ohlins dealer. We were both surprised to learn there was different length for the rear schock.

ref MG 1260 is 286 mm, MG 1262 is 280 mm.

this probably means that early scura have longer schock that rosso corsa.

My local MG dealer says he didn't know it and confirm there is no difference on the frames.

So, i'm wondering about the aim of such modifications. If someone has more information..

...this probably means that early scura have longer schock...

freddy,

I knew Scura shock was longer than std V11, but nothing about this. Longer shock tips bike forward a bit, more weight on front, more clearance. For me, it's a good thing. Theoretically slightly sharper steering, slightly less high speed stability.

Maybe longer shock was a cock-up & they reverted to std V11 lenghth :huh2: ?

Did you get your suspension sorted?

KB :sun:

i'm still working on my settings. i've found better feeling with more preload on rear and less on fork, but now rear seems too hard. if somebody wants to compare? Or am i crazy finding this bike not as good as it could be. :helmet:

freddy, my olins on my scura blew oil all over the place sent to olins to repair rear shock had the rear settings all the way backed off then a couple of clicks worked beautifully