Mounting Air Filter Pods

joe camarda

Well I'm switching to KN air pods..

I think this has been covered on another thread, but can someone who has done this tell me where they've mounted the small plug-in sensor that plugs into the airbox? Does it matter?

TIA, Joe :rasta:

I think this has been covered on another thread, but can someone who has done this tell me where they've mounted the small plug-in sensor that plugs into the airbox? Does it matter?

34926[/snapback]

Joe, I zip tied it to sub-frame. It's the IAT sensor , you want it mounted where it gets airflow , not engine heat. The cooler the air is the richer it'll run , but also it'll give a little added power.

:luigi: hi i cable tied mine to the frame with the sensor inside a short length of bicycle inner tube so that it faces down with the bottom open but not exposed to get any water or road crud in it (it rains alot where i am !! the sunny Isle of Man !!) hope that helps ive had no problems so far ! cheers :bier:

34926[/snapback]