Foot levers

Guest robbrugg

Guest robbrugg

So I'm cleaning up the Guz - and eally took a good look at the foot levers. HORRENDOUS, man - embarrasing compared to any other bike out there. So I popped 'em off, thinking that I would sand them down and powdercoat them. As I am cleaning them up though, I thought I might just polish them and paint the spaces where I can't buff a color (silver, black, red, something). This pic is halfway through the process.

Is everyone else's levers as rough as mine used to be?

post-1204-1097376170_thumb.jpg

It's not that they are crap, I mean they will do the job, but they are certainly not finished very well. I generally enjoy the look of sand cast engine cases. But our generation has grown up to getting used to nicely finished, in some cases jewelery like foot pedal linkage. Either die cast, or for real high end bikes billet machined foot gear, you simply cannot get sand cast stuff to look like these because of the inconsistancy of the aluminum in this proccess, with air bubbles etc..

I'm thinking a thread with pictures of available replacement linkages might be in order.

Ciao, Steve G.

So I'm cleaning up the Guz - and eally took a good look at the foot levers. HORRENDOUS, man - embarrasing compared to any other bike out there. So I popped 'em off, thinking that I would sand them down and powdercoat them. As I am cleaning them up though, I thought I might just polish them and paint the spaces where I can't buff a color (silver, black, red, something). This pic is halfway through the process.

Is everyone else's levers as rough as mine used to be?

35099[/snapback]

After the shower don’t forget to cut his nails. :sun: