Lemans

Gini Fata

Just wondering if anyone out there uses a Lemans for 2-up riding or if it can be converted for 2-up. I saw a 03 lemans on e-bay with a 2-up seat with top box and back rest that looks like it would work, but then again how good? I would like to stay with Guzzi since I already have 2 of them, a Jackal and an 87 lemans. I'd hate to go to a Honda St1300 or a Yamaha fjr. Both nice bikes but you can't beat the feel of a twin in my mind.

Wife and I did a 1900 mile trip last June on ours comfortably. Had a compression bag in place of the topcase for the camping gear. The HB saddlebags and a tank held the rest of our stuff. Did this with the stock seat and clip ons.

LeMans_0354.jpg

My wife and I have done some short two up riding on my Rosso. In my opinion, a Rich Maund dual seat (that won't allow the use of the cowl) would be the way to go. Even with a gel pad and a sheepskin, the stock LeMans passenger seat wasn't real comfortable for any length of time according to the bride.

But then again we're in our 60's and damn near everything is uncomfortable after awhile! :D:D

IMHO, the seat is not really the problem. It's the problem of the footrests being too high. I guess it's not a problem if your passenger has no idea how confortable the passenger seats are on other bikes, some of which were mentioned above.

If they are used to sitting on a "B****" pad on a Harley, they will love sitting on a V11 based bike.

Ciao, Steve G.

Riding two-up ia a pain in a certain part of the lower spine, especially for the passenger! My wife is 180 cm tall/5"9' and she wasn't too impressed. Taking my sons for a spin was even worse as they stand 192cm and 196cm tall!

The high footpegs make it cumbersome for tall passengers - don't expect rides over one hour unless your pillion has sado-masochistic tendencies!!

Søren

Wife and I did a 1900 mile trip last June on ours comfortably. Had a compression bag in place of the topcase for the camping gear. The HB saddlebags and a tank held the rest of our stuff. Did this with the stock seat and clip ons.

35733[/snapback]

No comment.....

This pic give me the stronger idea that taste is very individual. :!:

No comment.....

This pic give me the stronger idea that taste is very individual. :!:

35784[/snapback]

It could be because we both are a long way from 60 years old. There was only one day we traveled more than 300 miles too.

35733[/snapback]

Wow. You've got a beautiful woman there. I've felt guilty putting anyone back of my Scura for any distance. High pegs, yes. Since the poster already owns a Jackal, I don't see the problem.......he should get a quality 2-up seat for that with a backrest and bags and buy the new LeMans for HISSELF...........

Dan

Wow.  You've got a beautiful woman there.  I've felt guilty putting anyone back of my Scura for any distance.  High pegs, yes.  Since the poster already owns a Jackal, I don't see the problem.......he should get a quality 2-up seat for that with a backrest and bags and buy the new LeMans for HISSELF...........

Dan

35949[/snapback]

I agree, but my wife says the nights can get lonely!!!! My Jackal is set up nicely for 2 with a 2-up corbin, backrest and bags with leather top box, but it doesn't give me the thrill that my 87 lemans gives me. A new lemans that does both??????? PRICELESS HERE IN CANADA