footpeg lowering kit?

beauchemin

Hi Chris,

I could take mine apart and list off what you will need. Other than the machined [poorly I might add] bush for the foot brake lever, the stuff is just readily available s.s. nuts and bolts, and a couple of filler caps for the two holes from the original location. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll take it apart and get the tape measure.

Ciao, Steve G.

The Buell foot pegs look like they would be a good option although there is some machining (sanding) and bushings required. An inch or so is gained. Costs less than $50 US.

Look at 'Buell Lighting Footpegs' on page 4 of 'Technical Topics.'

Guest Fonzarelli

I have a set of NEW Buell footpegs with the 1" drop complete, machined, including custom machined bushings and return springs. These are ready to drop right in a V11 LeMans! $45.00. $50.00 with shipping in the US.

I have a set of NEW Buell footpegs with the 1" drop complete, machined, including custom machined bushings and return springs.  These are ready to drop right in a V11 LeMans!  $45.00.  $50.00 with shipping in the US.

35921[/snapback]

May I ask, why? You don't like them? Why not? Inquiring minds want to know. I'd like to try them out but would not want to relive your experience.

Guest Fonzarelli
I thought I saw where he had his bike for sale.......I could be mistaken though..vk

35966[/snapback]

You are correct, I am selling my bike. :)

Guest Fonzarelli
May I ask, why? You don't like them? Why not? Inquiring minds want to know. I'd like to try them out but would not want to relive your experience.

35946[/snapback]

I really did not have any problems with the pegs. The conversion worked great actually.

The only other adjustment required is to reposition the brake and shift levers downward.

I removed them because I wanted my bike stock to sell. I also like the looks of the stock pegs better.

If one wants this modified foot peg conversion, I would highly recommend the buel pegs be machined on a mill for best results. I have attached pictures below of how mine turned out...

post-846-1098578482_thumb.jpgpost-846-1098578518_thumb.jpgpost-846-1098578366_thumb.jpg

Guest Fonzarelli

If anyone else would be interested in a set of these modified pegs, I could supply modified sets for $85.00 each plus shipping.

This would include new Buell foot pegs, return springs, custom machined bushings and machined modifications of the foot pegs to fit the MG V11. These would arrive ready to drop in!

I you are interested, drop me a PM.

The Fonz