Loose that Lemans faring!

Guest atl.lemansrider

Guest atl.lemansrider

I would like to remove the faring on my 02 lemans and have heard that buel cyclone and possibly some beemer headlights and mounts will work......does anyone know of any info. on this. Walt Bowen

I think your best bet would be going on ebay and look for a Ducati Monster headlamp. It uses the same glass and trim ring, the housing is recessed to allow more room for the speedo cable. They usually go for $125.00 and up.

I have also heard the the buell is the same but have not had my hands on one.

I dont know of anyone having the headlamp mounts, the dealer might be your only option.

Good luck,

Mike

I would like to remove the faring on my 02 lemans and have heard that buel cyclone and possibly some beemer headlights and mounts will work......does anyone know of any info. on this.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Walt Bowen

36338[/snapback]

Guest motomaniac

I've been looking to change my Ballabio from a frame mount system (you know "THE NECK") to the mounts that connect to the forks, like a v11 naked. Would the Buell or Monster route be my best bet as well?

The headlight unit, the Bosch one on the V11 Sport/Naked, is the exact unit used on 74-82 Laverda big triples, and later twins. Mallossi, or John Tickel headlight brackets will adjust to just about any size forks.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest motomaniac
Mallossi, or John Tickel  headlight brackets will adjust to just about any size forks.

Ciao, Steve G.

36423[/snapback]

Do you know right off where I could look to find one of these?

Guest atl.lemansrider

Robbie,

I'm not sure I want to part w/the faring just yet, partly because I've never had it off and don't know how it will feel and also for resale in the event I decide to sell...........but I'll keep your info. if I decide to get rid of it.

Thanks,

Walt

Guest motomaniac

robbiekb,

if you happen to find something for your bike, I'd be glad to buy your headlight/dash mounting brackets.

alrighty , it'll probably be sometime next month before i start looking as i'm just in the middle of unpacking form the move... In fact the bike is trapped in the back of the garage right now !