Buell footpeg conversion kit

Guest Fonzarelli

Guest Fonzarelli

The Buell footpeg conversion for the V11 Sport/LeMans etc. is a good way to lower the footpeg height by about 1". I have a fixture and machining equipment to properly modify these Buell pegs for a perfect fit on the MG.

Anyone interested in a set of these modified pegs, I could supply modified sets for $75.00 each plus shipping.

This would include new Buell foot pegs, return springs, custom machined bushings and machined modifications of the foot pegs to fit the MG V11. These would arrive ready to drop in!

I you are interested, drop me a PM.

The Fonz

I got a set from 'The Fonz' and they are nicely done. :thumbsup: It's just a drop-in replacement and everything fits just perfectly.

I mounted them up this afternoon after I got back from a ride. They do move the pegs back and down, but not as much as the old evoluzione kit did. I'm going to ride with them in the 'stock' position for awhile, then put them in the evoluzione position to see which I prefer.

Woo hoo! toys!

J

Howdy Jason;

Keep us posted on the new toys. As you may recall the Evolusione kit helped me ward off the effects of old age a bit ( I'd prefer to actually be younger but have not yet found a fix for this yet ). None the less I'd prefer the pegs a bit forward.

I'll probably try a pair myself in the spring. Even though it just started to snow here my wife is not in the Christmas spirit as I've made a few trips to the toy store myself lately. So...

:mg:

Bruce

Here ya go, pics galore: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...c=3391&hl=buell

:D

I made my own as well, and think I did a bang-up job considering it was all by hand. But I think I'll be ordering a set from Fonz, just because I think his tolerances should be tighter using a real jig, and the material seems to have been removed more evenly on his.

I have some small lingering long-term concerns that I may have removed too much material from the "top" side of mine, and being aluminum, may crack over time... although all has been well so far.

As far as comfort, they are definitely better than stock, although I still need to adjust my brake and gear-change levers a bit accordingly(although surprisingly I've gotten pretty used to where they are stock).

One thing I did to however, is extend the actual shifter peg about a half inch to take into account the wider peg location. This helped a lot ergonomically. I simply installed a slightly longer bolt, covered it with the correct length/cut bushing so that the stock pad would fit tightly, and then put a small length of small heater hose behind the stock pad to keep it from moving back to it's original location. It looks nearly stock, and works like a charm :D

I'd post a picture, but my bike is up in San Mateo at the shop.

al

The Buell footpeg conversion for the V11 Sport/LeMans etc. is a good way to lower the footpeg height by about 1".  I have a fixture and machining equipment to properly modify these Buell pegs for a perfect fit on the MG.

Anyone interested in a set of these modified pegs, I could supply modified sets for $75.00 each plus shipping.

This would include new Buell foot pegs, return springs, custom machined bushings and machined modifications of the foot pegs to fit the MG V11. These would arrive ready to drop in!

I you are interested, drop me a PM.

The Fonz

36798[/snapback]

Hi Fonz,

I'm interested too.

Please contact me at ha810@comcast.net.

Thanks.