Ohlins 02 & 03/04 - specs

Baldini

Opinion seems to be 03/04 Ohlins are much better sorted from factory than on my 02 Scura? Problem on mine is compliance over sudden bumps esp shock. I think it needs less high speed compression damping. Does anyone know what the differences are in specs between 02 & later bikes? ie: spring rates, damping arrangements. I'm going to get mine sorted & it would be helpful to know which way Guzzi went as it seems to have worked. Thank you.

KB :sun:

Well, let say, I am busy to buy a Öhlins front fork and I didn't know about any news over different technical specification and stiffness and maybe relative to the stiffness another choice of material to build those fork.

Maybe is the main difference in the oil or the quality of the inner spring. If this is what you mean???

antonio,

difference is the adjustment, that is combination of spring, how valves are adjusted, oillevel. So nothing you can't change. Get one where a big front axle fits, the you have a newer one. The production date is stamped inside of each leg.

The one i had was I think fg 313.