Moto Guzzi on Motors TV

jrt

Probably the one for a proper DVD. I don't even know what DivX is although I'm certain I could find a way to use it. Currently I have a 2x2Ghz Macintosh G5 with 2.5Gb memory and enough hardware to burn a DVD, just never bothered to learn how to do it. This woulld be a good opportunity to get my head out of the mud and learn how.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the one for a proper DVD. I don't even know what DivX is although I'm certain I could find a way to use it. Currently I have a 2x2Ghz Macintosh G5 with 2.5Gb memory and enough hardware to burn a DVD, just never bothered to learn how to do it. This woulld be a good opportunity to get my head out of the mud and learn how.

39225[/snapback]

Hi Carl,

You need to ping Jason fot the ftp in that case. Good luck with the DVD - I haven't used the Mac tools but they are supposed to be better than anything available on PC.

Rgds,

Ken

Hi Carl,

You need to ping Jason fot the ftp in that case. Good luck with the DVD - I haven't used the Mac tools but they are supposed to be better than anything available on PC.

Rgds,

Ken

39232[/snapback]

I used a program Jason recommended to change the file from .AV to .MOV - Then just drag and drop the file into iDVD and voila! iDVD will convert it from PAL to NTSC also (in preferences)

I used a program Jason recommended to change the file from .AV to .MOV - Then just drag and drop the file into iDVD and voila! iDVD will convert it from PAL to NTSC also (in preferences)

39250[/snapback]

I'm willing to go through the additional conversions, but I still need a file of some sort.

I'm willing to go through the additional conversions, but I still need a file of some sort.

39257[/snapback]

I'm happy to FTP it to you if you have a server ....

I presume you are talking about computers because in Canada we have mechanics tools from Mac Tools and they are great stuff!

39256[/snapback]

Strangely I think I've heard of the 'other' Mac Tools ....

Finally have a working NTSC DVD of the Guzzi program :bier: Just finished watching for the first time and its real interesting. If I can help out with copies for anyone please drop me a message with your mailing address. (I also have a PAL version if needed).

Ken

I watched it last night, fascinating! Great shots of Lake Como, the bikes, the people and the history. I've decided I want to retire in Mandello now :) Definitely a must have for the Guzzisti :P

I downloaded the .avi file last night (2.2 hrs), went through all of the throws of installing the various software bits (confusing, had to change directory names rather than point to it) and then ripped the file (1.5 hrs). Mounted that and tried it out, ran the DVD player on it - and got only black! Try again tonight I guess.

Are you using that ffmpegx program? I couldn't find the real-libs thingy anywhere so I just ignored it. I'm guessing it's only needed for real player stuff anyway. I converted it to quicktme before I burnt it. In ffmpegx you can watch the movie as an .avi if you want.

Are you using that ffmpegx program? I couldn't find the real-libs thingy anywhere so I just ignored it.

I downloaded the client-1.1.5-DevRel_macos-gcc3-pb_all_clients and then renamed it to all_clients-helix-20041219-macos-gcc3-pb, though I have no idea if any of this stuff is correct.

I'm running it again right now, but I may have (once again) chosen the wrong options.