Revalving 02 Ohlins

Baldini

Getting an Ohlins shop to sort suspension on my Scura & they are trying to get Ohlins spec cards for the 03 & later bikes (Cafe Sport/Rosso Corsa?). They have spec for Scura.

Can anyone confirm later (03/04) Ohlins models are better set up from factory, & show way to go for mine? Anyone know changes made? Looking for less harshness over sharp bumps, think I need less high speed damping. I want handling above other considerations (for fast road/track use).

I've asked here before...but.... Anyone?

Thanks, KB :sun:

Can anyone confirm later (03/04) Ohlins models are better set up from factory, & show way to go for mine? Anyone know changes made? Looking for less harshness over sharp bumps, think I need less high speed damping. I want handling above other considerations (for fast road/track use).

Thanks, KB :sun:

41929[/snapback]

Don't have any numbers for you, but you're definitely on the right track: ask them to set high-speed compression damping to as close to zero as possible ["uh, that's what the spring is for..." ;) ] and you should be happy.

Good luck! :race:

KB,

Call over at Pro Pilot and ask Jim what he did with mine. He'll give you all the numbers you need. He has everything on computer file. He did a revalve/respring on my rear shock and revalve/different oil on the forks. Past that, I can't provide you with the exact numbers, but he can.

Best of luck,

Dan

Can i have your settings too, please :P: . I think i'm going ask the same to my local dealer but i'd like to have an idea of the price before.

And did he modify something else ?

thanks

Freddy

...I can't provide you with the exact numbers, but he can...

Dan,

Thanks.

I'm in UK. Do you have email or phone # for Pro Pilot? - pm me?

How would you describe the improvement on bike?

KB

KB,

he's at www.propilotracing.com Very prompt about emails and will talk suspension endlessly on the phone, if you can get him.

the improvement is miles, all what you would expect, taking out the harshness and noncompliance. When you have it done, you'll wonder what the heck you waited for.

Dan