How do your tyres wear

Martin Barrett

Guest ratchethack
What's a "geezer" over there - an old man?

:bier: KB :sun:

43297[/snapback]

Baldini, a Geezer is sort of an old fart who attempts to offset his lack of youth, quickness and vigor by substituting his well-honed talents in the treachery and guile departments. There are those here in the U.S. who believe that a Guzzi Geezer is a bit of a redundant moniker... <_<

I'm guessing there may be a preferred term for "Geezer" in Wales? In Welsh, maybe you have one of those words with 37 letters and 3 vowels?

Still Geezing along nicely on the Guz,

Ratchethack

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rollingthunder

Hope you don't mind me butting in here, but has anyone tried Avon Azzaro's? The pricing makes them pretty attractive compared to BT020's, but do they take as long to warm up as some people say?

I'll need to change my tyres soon and need something that will be good in the cold and rain, but last a while as well - contradictory requirements I know! I'm a relatively gentle cruiser and commuter - 50 miles round trip every weekday, 50/25/25 motorway/bends/city :bike:

Thanks for your comments

Sam

I just installed a set of

Continental RoadAttacks my 01 sport at 9860

miles replaceing a set of Micheline Pilot Roads. THe Michelines went 5000 miles before I picked up a nail in the rear tire requiring replacement 1000 mi early. These were excellant tires with fast warm up and good grip in the tight twisties up here in the rocky mountains where we do most of our riding. I have a set of metezler Z6s on my 2000 Buell S3T which also gets riden very hard. With 3000 mi. on these tires they are about half done and like the michelines are excellent, much better than the the Dunlop D205s and D220s I used on this bike in the past. If I hadn't decided to try the Contis on the Guz I would have used another set of Z6s. The Contis are a new design of state of the art zero-degree steele belted radial which they advertise as giving sportbike handling with sport-touring milage. We shall see.

Guest Thundering Subash

Harley,

As far as handling, how do you find the Continental Road Attacks thus far? I'm considering going with these to replace my original Bridgestones.

Just got back from a 100 mile ride yesterday to Estes Park Colorado and back. Roads were dry but their is a lot of gravel off line in the twisties. Although it never got above 45 degrees F the new Conti RoadAttacks stuck as good as any tires i've used. I'm going to like these tires. As a side note the rear is a 160/60/17. Because my 2001 Sport has the 4.5" rear rim and Contintental dosen't offer a 170/60 rear I though I would see how this smaller cross section rear would work. So far I notice no difference. Hope this helps.