EZ Pass Holder - LeMans

Ralph Werner

In the toll-crazy Northeast, the EZ Pass is a poor but somewhat convenient solution to digging for change at a booth. The problem is where to put the transponder (I know where I'd like to put it!). :moon:

Inside of my jacket, the device would work at some booths and not others. I did buy a mount from a Harley dealer that bolted to the mirror but I had to cut the rubber boot to make it fit (plus it looked fugly hangin' out there). :bbblll:

I've searched for mounting spots inside of the fairing but nothing looks real good yet. Anyone have better luck than me?

Sorry Ralph- I don't have any good suggestions for you- kind of a side note instead. I was listening to NPR (Natl. Public Radio) this morning and they mentioned that someone had figured out how to hack and duplicate signals on the speedpass and (dammit) on the toyota prius and other cars that have keyless ignition. Their suggestion- wrap the key in metal to prevent it from transponding. Um, not sure but I think that defeats the purpose. Just sayin'.

Actually- here's a suggestion- superglue a rare eath magnet to the back and affix it to the frame?

Cheers,

Jason (fan of rare earth magnets everywhere)

I'm guessing this is similar to the e-tags we have here in Australia? Anyhow a friend on mine uses velcro. One stuck to the dash of the bike and one on the back of the tag. Seems to work fine, and you don't notice the small black velcro patch when it's not attached. At least it may give you an idea.

Ralph,

I've seen them hung under the headlight with zip ties. One I saw looked like it was made for bikes - black and about 2.5 inches by 6 inches. Give your local DOT a call - legally we're entitled to the same amenities on the road. I'd think it would have to be different to gert the motorcycle rate - then the trick would be to affix it to your car.

Guest rrbasso

You could take a old Rotor magnet and atach you pass to it and it will fit on your fork leg, or take a pice of PVC pipe cut in half and it will snap onto your fork leg, it will also be easy to take off. :blink:

Guest aj howard

When I called the EZ pass people here in Maryland and asked them about where I should attach my ezpass the guy on the phone suggested I leave it at home. He said I could just drive through, just so long as I registered the bike with the EZ pass site. I was told that some bikes don't set the sensor off anyway and they just use the license plate photo to bill you. I used my Rosso like that all last summer.. in several states with no problem

When I called  the EZ pass people here in Maryland and asked them about where I should attach my ezpass the guy on the phone suggested I leave it at home. He said I could just drive through, just so long as I registered the bike with the EZ pass site. I was told that some bikes don't set the sensor off anyway and they just use the license plate photo to bill you. I used my Rosso like that all last summer.. in several states with no problem

42523[/snapback]

Tried that here(transponder in tank bag)- and got a bill in the mail for the toll, plus a $6 fee for running the gate each time.

3 missed tolls equals $21.00-- a little rich for my blood.

Guess next time I go through with midle finger exposed, just so I can be sure it's me in the picture :D