I stress before the modifications

Guest fifi93

hello, I must pose this Tuesday X and a filter K&N, on my V11 model 2004, Mistrals are already assembled. Here my questions:

My dealer is it able to reprogram the ECU correctly, has he got necessary materiel (soft, map...)... or must I expect a suprise, problems after this installation.

Moreover does the sound of my motor bike changed it enormously ? in the same kind what a are the other modifications possible on my V11!!! thank you

:mg:

Les Mistrals ne sera pas plus fort avec le x.

Le bruit de "intake" sera plus fort avec le K&N.. C'est un bruit gentil. (I have no idea what the french word for intake is.)

Vous devriez acheter un PCIII. Your dealer can make some adjustments to the fuel, but its better to remap

Cheers, Tim

Le bruit de "intake" sera plus fort avec le K&N.. C'est un bruit gentil.  (I have no idea what the french word for intake is.)

42714[/snapback]

admission tim, in french it is cold admission :P

hello, I must pose this Tuesday X and a filter K&N, on my V11 model 2004, Mistrals are already assembled.  Here my questions:

My dealer is it able to reprogram the ECU correctly, has he got necessary  materiel (soft, map...)...  or must I expect a suprise, problems after this installation.

Moreover does the sound of my motor bike changed it enormously ?  in the same kind what a are the other modifications possible on my V11!!!  thank you

42711[/snapback]

Who si your dealer in Paris Fifi ?

I could have some suggestions if you are ready to heard them from the Alps :luigi:

I could have some suggestions if you are ready to heard them from the Alps  :luigi:

42718[/snapback]

Probably should be:

"Who is your dealer in Paris, Fifi?

I could have some suggestions if you are ready to hear them from the Alps :luigi:"

I hope you don't mind the corrections.

It should help you learn, even if my English is terrible.... :nerd:

hello, I must pose this Tuesday X and a filter K&N, on my V11 model 2004, Mistrals are already assembled.  Here my questions:

My dealer is it able to reprogram the ECU correctly, has he got necessary  materiel (soft, map...)...  or must I expect a suprise, problems after this installation.

Moreover does the sound of my motor bike changed it enormously ?  in the same kind what a are the other modifications possible on my V11!!!  thank you

42711[/snapback]

Should be :

"hello, this Tuesday, I will install a crossover and a K&N air filter, on my 2004 V11. The Mistrals have already been installed. Here my questions: Is my dealer able to reprogram the ECU correctly? Does he have the neccesary equipment (software, map...)... or must I expect a suprise or problems after this installation.

Moreover, does the sound of my motor bike change enormously? Also, what are the other possible modifications on my V11!!! thank you

:nerd:

The dealer can make it run OK, but to run very well, you should get a PowerCommander III (PCIII). as Tim suggested, or one of the many alternatives for customizing the map in the ECU(Electronic Control Unit, the device that controls the fuel and ignition.)

The PCIII is the easiest way to get great results.

Should be :

"hello,  this Tuesday, I will install a crossover and a K&N air filter, on my 2004 V11. The Mistrals have already been installed.  Here my questions: Is my dealer able to reprogram the ECU correctly? Does he have the neccesary equipment (software, map...)...  or must I expect a suprise or problems after this installation.

Moreover, does the sound of my motor bike change enormously? Also, what are the other possible modifications on my V11!!!  thank you

:nerd:

The dealer can make it run OK, but to run very well, you should get a PowerCommander III (PCIII). as Tim suggested, or one of the many alternatives for customizing the map in the ECU(Electronic Control Unit, the device that controls the fuel and ignition.)

The PCIII is the easiest way to get great results.

42753[/snapback]

later I hope to buy one PCIII, but while waiting, what that worries to me is to know if my dealer will be able regulate the ECU correctly without I having big problems, without damaging the engine. I must go to Spain....Moreover a PCIII is expensive, and i don't really exactly what it do....

later I hope to buy one PCIII, but while waiting, what that worries to me is to know if my dealer will be able regulate the ECU correctly without I having big problems, without damaging the engine. I must go to Spain....Moreover a PCIII is expensive, and i don't really exactly what it do....

42754[/snapback]

on the Web pages of POWERCOMMANDER, I have to look at and there is not map for a LEMANS model 2004.... then !!!!!

http://www.powercommander.com/suppguzmaps.shtml

42754[/snapback]

The dealer can make the bike run a little richer(add more fuel).

This will prevent you from damaging the engine.

But the dealer can not control exactly when to make it richer or leaner.

To do this, he must change the map.

The PCIII will change the output of the map.

You do not NEED the PCIII, but the bike will run MUCH better with it.

You can download a software file that will modify the map in the PCIII to match your air filter, Muffler and crossover.

The PCIII is a lot of money, but is worth twice the price because of how it makes the engine work better.

on the Web pages of POWERCOMMANDER, I have to look at and there is not map for a LEMANS model 2004.... then !!!!!

http://www.powercommander.com/suppguzmaps.shtml

42755[/snapback]

Sorry.

Then you may want the tuneboy

http://www.tuneboy.co.uk/

They do not show the version for the Moto Guzzi yet, but you can buy it.

The kit is valuable to a home mechanic, but like the PCIII it is expensive.

If you can find someone in France or Spain who can install a tuneboy map, it is much cheaper.

It should be less than $200 to install a map that matches your muffler, crossover, and air filter.

But it costs much more money to refine the map to perfection.

If your dealer has the tuneboy, he can help you install the map.

There are other competing products such as Techno Research's Direct Link.

It is possible your dealer knows about it.

http://www.technoresearch.com/Direct-Link.htm

If you go to the website and print the page to show to the dealer, he may be interested in buying it.

It is about $450US

If you fix the bike yourself the Direct Link and Tuneboy are helpful.

The complete tuneboy is $310US

I could have some suggestions if you are ready to heard them from the Alps  :luigi:

42718[/snapback]

Légende Sannois proche Paris...

Légende Sannois proche Paris...

42759[/snapback]

Hi,

I don't hink they will encourage you to buy a PCIII, as they don't know it enough, a friend who rides a v11 sport had just a richer setting. If you can a couple a km more far, there 's helit moto near cergy who can sell PCIII and make the settings. Legendes doesn't make anything for the ECU. In motopassion they can reprogramm the ECU but it's quite as expensive as the PCIII and you'll have to do it again if you change something on the bike.

Freddy with the same problem :huh2:

Hi,

I don't hink they will encourage you to buy a PCIII, as they don't know it enough, a friend who rides a v11 sport had just a richer setting. If you can a couple a km more far, there 's helit moto near cergy who can sell PCIII and make the settings. Legendes doesn't make anything for the ECU. In motopassion they can reprogramm the ECU but it's quite as expensive as the PCIII and you'll have to do it again if you change something on the bike.

Freddy with the same problem :huh2:

42760[/snapback]

Is the fact rolling with a richer setting, in the long run which the problem?