Lighted toggle switch

Guest Phil/TX

Guest Phil/TX

I am looking for a SPDT toggle switch with a lighted handle. I could also use a rocker switch, if it mounts with a single threaded post on the rear. I am trying to avoid putting an idiot light on the dash of my Le Mans. I have installed heated grips, and have located the switch where it is out of the way, but not out of sight, so a lighted handle would work fine. B):sun:

Guest Phil/TX

Not a chaance Al, they only have SPSP lighted switches, I found some on the net, but I have to order 1,000 of them, mimium order, what would I do with the other 999. :blink:

Quick question, why do you need DPDT? My heated grips are wired in series, so I would only need a SPST.... or in my case I have the rheostat adjuster from HotGrips to adjust temp.

Oh wait... are you using the DPDT to choose high/low? Duh.. nevermind :P

Yeah, I looked around for a moment too, and all I found was DPDT *or* SPST lighted... not both <_>

I'll keep looking around later. Speaking of car stuff, now I get to go crawl under the truck and change my lower radiator hose which sprung a leak on the way home from work today... *sigh* Should be fun, just what I was looking forward to tonight.

...got an 8am meeting in the morning, so it's a "gotta do it tonight" kinda thing :rolleyes:

al

Stealth_Switch.gif

I used a real small plastic box from Radio Shack with a small switch. It also has a light and is just mounted using double sided foam carpet tape. Pretty innocuous and does no damage. The resistor is tucked out of sight somewhere else as it won't fit in the box.

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

Any good aftermarket car or truck shop that sells PIAA lights should have them. PIAA lights come with those type of switches.