Okay you PacNorthWesters!

Dirtybill

Yes, I was going to say that Thanksgiving dinner is pure American. Stuffed turkey, dressing, heavy turkey gravy, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, cranberries and a green bean casserole. Pumpkin pie with Cool Whip for desert. That is your American standard.

Thanks for the replies. I'll print this off and give it to Mrs Dirty. She's a Mexian food lover also. On those crap days, I'm sure she'll whip out the list and force me to go for Mexican food. The few Mexican restaurants up here aren't really that good.

El Nopal in Sumas is good but there's also one in Everson that's not bad either.

I HAVE to make it back to Cafe Veloce soon. I feel the need!!

F that sh*t.  I live in Ballard in Seattle, and those recommended sites are LAME.  I also used to live in San Francisco so I know what I'm talkin' about.

44743[/snapback]

If you know what you are talking about then does that mean you have been to all of those restaurants? What does San Francicso have to do with it? I have lived in Mexico.

Guest dkgross

ooooh..that Ballard joint sound great.....

We usually go down to White Center/Burien and find a hole in the wall mexi joint when the mood strikes.

there's also a Peruvian place down there, and a Slavadorian Bakery on Roxbury/35th that makes some amazing food.

Guest Roadslayer

Jaap! You're kidding. Right? Almost every region has its native American food. Here in the Pacific NW we've stolen the local seafood (ie)salmon from the Indians and 'whitetifide' into a regional favorite. The raw oysters and steamed clams from my front yard are to die for. And there's crab 'everything. Through in the wild game like deer,elk,moose and,yes bear,geese,duck,quail,dove and pheasant. All done in our own way. From Texas east you have BBQ. Authentic BBQ is 100% American. I made some yesterday. Louisiana is known for Creole and Cajun food. Again,100% American. I could go on but won't. As far as Mexican food goes,what we have in the U.S. is really Americanized Mexi'food.Better know as California Cuizine. It's not like any food I've had in Mexico and I've been(ridden) all over their country. I've never had truly bad Mexican food as I like it all. Even Australia had really good Mexi'food. Better than some "gringo" joints. "Cheers" Roadslayer :food:

I have lived in Mexico.

44795[/snapback]

Interesting. Any info you can pass on here or via PM with regards to residency for half the year, or permanently, would be appreciated.

Every time I step foot in Mexico, I say aloud, "I'm home!!" :bier:

There's something I can't put my finger on that makes me feel like I should be living there. GAWD!! I miss the Mexican seafood!!! Ceviche!! Snapper done over a fire!!! Then there's the Indian dishes done in open wood fired ovens :food:

Guest Roadslayer

Enzo. I've never heard anyone "from" Ballard make a statement like 'I sat next to the richest man in the world.' I thought the local Scandinavians were much more subdued than that. Just 'ribbin' ya. "Cheers" Roadslayer :grin:

If you know what you are talking about then does that mean you have been to all of those restaurants? What does San Francicso have to do with it? I have lived in Mexico.

I think I've been to all the Seattle Mexican restaurants mentioned. I mention San Francisco because it has a large Mexican population with it's own restaurants. We have our own Americanized Mexican food that is all over the West Coast. This is what WE think of as Mexican. And then there's Tex-Mex and the less lardish fare in places like Taos and Santa Fe. Come to think of it, there are hundreds of different authentic American foods as somebody already mentioned. It's a big place! The standard Northwest food is salmon. If you're in New York, don't forget to have a Coney Island hotdog!! Oh man.

In other words you are a lover of good food and in my experience good food is found all over the world so it is not necessarily where you find it .... as long as you do find it! And half the fun is looking for it!!!!

DirtyBill. I'll PM you about some of the food in the mountains of Mexico.

Sport-touring.net has a whole host of regional "Greasy Spoon Archives" threads dedicated to nothing but good "motorcycling food destinations" :food:

You might want to check those out too :D

S'lmkoj0k,lko,ko,ok,ook,mikom,lok,l`koi,`on`'?jh'juj';huj'ujiu';l`.`,m,,,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;`./,kl,a

...the above was contributed by my 8 month old daughter :P

al