online machine shop

Guest callithrix

Guest dopiata

I was on it, and got the software running.

But I prefer to use AutoCad ... 2005 which I run now.

I am looking into making a new headlight bracket to use a HID Hella A6 style lamps.

They outsource all of this to over-seas and some domestic shops in the US.

So the pricing is pretty good.

I still would prefer a local guy, but they just don't want to do these small parts stuff.

they can make a lot. not strange that autocad can do more, but you need to get used to it. I prefer solidworks designing this sort of parts. And the pleasure is great to have self drawn parts on your bike.

working on this one now:

tripleclampbottom1_small.jpg

how it is in alu is shown here:

triple clamps in progress

44814[/snapback]

Now that's interesting stuff. CNC vertical maching mill? What possibilities!

Guest robbrugg
If you make things, you get a better feel why some aftermarket products are expensive.

the things I made on this cnc thing.

rem1.jpg

44828[/snapback]

Good job on those parts!

Curious -

How much did these parts cost?

How long did the process take (time from you sending the file, to receiving the part)

How's the learning curve for the software?

Rob, some misunderstanding here, I designed the parts in Solidworks, an expensive 3d drawing package, that I can use because of my work as system administrator. Then my parts are made in on the machines we have for our students. But as you see they can make usefull things. But I've been standing a lot of hours watching the machine doing it's work. We get a new small high speed milling machine next week, The guy from the workshop asked me if I had sonething he could make with it:-) My costs were the aluminium.

But if you want to try the emachineshop software, you can download it free, and try how difficult it is.

Guest robbrugg

I just downloaded it, and will let everyone know how it goes. It's cool that you receive an automatic price!