Next bike

Admin Jaap

What's your next bike going to be?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. What's your next bike going to be?

• I'll keep my V11 forever!
    • Another V11
    • Definetly another Guzzi!
    • The new Moto Guzzi Griso
    • The new Breva 1100
    • Another Italian brand
    • BMW
    • Japanese crotchrocket
    • Other brand
    • I'll quit biking

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be keeping the V11, but I'd like a KTM Duke 2 as a city runabout... or a Laverda 1000/1200 as a weekend classic headbanger bike. Then I'd REALLY have to learn mechanics....

• 3 weeks later...
Not to encourage you to sell your V11, but I'm interested what you're next bike will if/when you sell your V11?

Wouldn't think of selling, just adding another - ST4s maybe, while they are still around, a Tuono, Brutale S, BMW Boxster mod, or a KTM SD. I like to get on and go, so, I'd rent naked for two or three days and see how the ride changes. My only experience with naked bikes is in dirt.

Mike Stewart has a garage full of bikes... what's the bad about diversifying?

:D

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Ducati 1098 for sure this time, well but I can get such a good price on a RSV or a Tuono, and that BMW 1200gs has such good versatility, its been a year and I am no closer to a dead set next bike, and I've test rode a couple :doh:

at least I still love the Goose, this has to be a record for me regarding almost anything I lose intrest in about a year or 2 :huh2:

The Rosso Corsa stays - could be forever, it was like coming home and I love it. They make no money but even for big money I would not get rid of this bike. However she needs attention to look beautiful and is really happier as a fair weather bike - so be it.

For some off road lanes, for mad days in the dales and maybe even an adventure trip the Highland Outback arrives when the new plate comes in March. It comes with on and off road wheels, loads of power, excellent handling from a good chassis and top suspension (I've been spoiled by the Corsa). It's even light for a 950, so if it hangs together and feels as good as the test bike I'll be more than 'appy. This bike is no oil painting but it does seem to deliver, one or two faults - poor running just off idle, cheap clocks but there is no perfect bike. Will report back (hopefully objectively after running in) but new owners always guild the lily with a new bike ignoring even the most obvious faults.

Time will tell. :)

That a really tough question to answer. I would really like to have a Centauro sport, but if we're talking new it might just be a BMW HP2, for the track and for the dirt! Just a blast to ride!

• 2 months later...

I have no plans to sell the V11, but I will be getting another bike to try and keep some of the mileage off of the Tenni. Just can't decide which bike! I've narrowed it down a bit:

-newer Guzzi California Vintage

-'nother V11 (sport maybe?)

-Duc GT1000 :P:

-Kawisaki's new 1400 Ninja looks fun

-BMW somethin or nuther. That new 1200 looks nice.

-Buell Ulysses

This isn't going to end well...I'm already planning on a bigger garage.