Hey Paul, will these rotors fit?

al_roethlisberger

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true

Since you've been playing around with the brakes quite a bit, and seem to be something of an expert in the wheel/brake area...

I know the calipers should, and the stock rotors will work with them OK... but will these rotors work with our front wheel/fork spacing, and even if so, will it make any real difference to use these rotors versus the OEM units?

It seems like a good price, so I may bite.

al

Yes, these are the new top of the line street calipers(non radial) from Brembo, that they've been fitting to the newest Ducs, etc.

It is a forged 4 pad design, versus the Oro series our bikes come with, which are a bolted together 2 pad design.

http://www.guzzitech.com/Brembo-4padcal-Todd_E.html

Honestly, the brakes that come stock on the Guzzi are exceptional, and there probably is no good reason to change them for normal street use... except for tinkering :P

But I thought it might "round out" my Winter modifications :D

With the new engine case:

- High Comp Mike Rich Pistons

- Megacycle Cam

- Mike Rich "race" valve spring kit(required with the cam)

- CRG adj levers, man those things are comfortable!

- Brakes? ;)

I may get some Diablos while I'm at it as well.

al

Yes, they are different than the Brembo brakes on your Scura. Besides using 4 pads per caliper, the caliper set are about 1 pound lighter than the calipers on your Scura. The braking is more powerful too!

Al, you will most likely have to get some brake lines made to complete the change over. Galfer would most likely be the easiest, just send them your lines and ask them to duplicate them but with the different ends needed at the calipers. The hose ends are crimped on and need to be in the correct plane (can't twist) with all the connections.

Mike

ARE THOSE BRAKES DIFFERENT THAN WHAT I HAVE ON MY SCURA??????

46042[/snapback]

It is a forged 4 pad design, versus the Oro series our bikes come with, which are a bolted together 2 pad design

Al, this is also a bolted togheter casting.

Not forged. Brembo makes no forged calipers other than their race series. And they exist only in: or 40mm mounting or expensive radial form.

The calipers work well but could probably benifit from a slight increase in bore size of the master cylinder.... :grin: but they still work pretty well with the stock setup :P:

46074[/snapback]

Yeah, Todd recommends the radial MC, and perhaps I'll look into that one day if I get them.

So, did you find any challenges or drawbacks to the new calipers after installing them?? Specifically to the V11, do they work noticeably better on the street, or is it really not worth the upgrade?

al

Yeah, Todd recommends the radial MC, and perhaps I'll look into that one day if I get them.

So, did you find any challenges or drawbacks to the new calipers after installing them??  Specifically to the V11, do they work noticeably better on the street, or is it really not worth the upgrade?

al

Put a RADIAL master cylinder will change your braking life !

Now, even the 4 pads calipers are some great stuff.

Paul sold his calipers to a friend of mine for a Ducati 996 and he is really impress by the braking power of those 4 pads calipers regarding the 65 "standard" gold brembo calipers like on the V11.

Now i have tryed a 998 R with the Ohlins superbike fork kit with 108 mm Brembo billet calipers and i have been absolutely & completly disappointed by those brakes.

Why : They are absolutely unbeleavable even for i even if i am not a racer guy :food: A HUGE braking power :drink:

Now the only problem is the price of those parts so Paul like i have bought an intermediate solution.

The street ohlins fork with radial calipers. :luigi:

Now i have tryed a 998 R with the Ohlins superbike fork kit with 108 mm Brembo billet calipers and i have been absolutely & completly disappointed by those brakes.

Did he make the mistake of putting Racing pads to the brakes?Because it won't brake at all then (street use)