infamous gearbox spring

Guest cliffy

Guest cliffy
:huh2: Hi does anybody out there know the part number for the crappy old gear selector spring, you know the one that allways breaks !! :luigi: Im not desperate,just want a spare in case :homer: cheers ..cliffy :bier:

:huh2:  Hi does anybody out there know the part number for the crappy old gear selector spring, you know the one that allways breaks !! :luigi: Im not desperate,just want a spare in case :homer: cheers ..cliffy :bier:

46137[/snapback]

The spring and other associated part numbers will be in the F.A.Q., where there's lots of info. :thumbsup:

Guest cliffy
:) thanks mate by the way i used to live in county down when iwas a lad i dont recognise where youre from i lived near ardglass for a couple of years. cheers for now :bier:

Where are you now?

Did you find the spring number?

Although I have never seen another V.11 on the road here in NI, I was talking to someone on the phone yesterday living in Portadown (he had been selling a Centauro, but that's another story...).

He said his mate has a V.11

He asked me if I had any problems with 'the spring'!

I asked him if he knew the cause of the problem and he told me about the oversized boss and binding spring coil. It transpired that he got the information from a web-site. :mg: Of course I asked him, which one? Well........

It was quite funny to hear of someone down the other end of the motorway who had been following the story here on the site.

Guest cliffy
:) Hi mate im on the isle of man ! just about to dig further for that part no. Its a small world ! finding people just about on yer doorstep cheers for now :bier:

for that part no

From the parts list Todd posted this link to.

I think you are looking at frames C9 & C10 item no 25 which is part no 04238300,

over item no 21 part no 04238200

biesal also posted links within this thread to V11 parts manuals and Paul also included a 1974-1996 all inclusive list (187 mb) don't down load that one by mistake :P

This is belfastguzzi's definative how to conduct a roadside repair no parts required

I think you are looking at frames C9 & C10  item no 25 which is part no 04238300,

over item no 21 part no 04238200

46219[/snapback]

It's actually harder to find the spring numbers in the old posts (FAQ) than I thought. I'm sure that I posted them but I can't see where exactly.

Baldini posted these:

"Spring is listed as 04 23 83 00

Ratchet arm is listed as 04 23 51 01 My understanding is that this is the correct arm/boss. "

I see there were more posts recently, in February. The picture becomes a bit more complicated as it seems that Andy York has found more variations in spring size and he gives a couple of different numbers for the ratchet arm. Grief.

Just found it > Pawl arm oe part number: 04235101

Spring oe part number: 04238300

so that is the same as Baldini above.