Pirelli Diablo Strada

Guest rosso mandello

Guest rosso mandello
I am doing a trip to Mandello this summer, and I would like to go on at good set of tires. I would also like to get most mileage so that my 4.500 km trip would not cost me a set of tires. Should I go on the Strada version?

http://www.pirellidiablo.com/en_96/diablo/master.jhtml

46689[/snapback]

Sorry, 1 time was rubbish, here is the text I ment to send, i am on a diet that obvious disturbs my brain activity, but I´ll come out in a lighter version.

I can find very little as far as "real world reviews" regarding the Strada so far... as it is such a new tire.

If mileage is a big concern for this trip, I would really recommend the Avon 45/46 ST tire. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Everyone that has them really says good things in regard to wear and performance, and that is often on much more powerful bikes. On our V11, these tires should last just about "forever" :D

Maybe by this time next year, we'll have more feedback from riders using the Strada, but at this point... info is scarce :huh2: ...and by then, if you've ridden the Avons this year, and try the Stradas next, you'll have a good perspective on which is better.

So, yeah... in lieu of more info, for a high-mileage high-performance ST tire, I'd choose the Avon if I knew I was about to embark upon a really long trip and was concerned about wear from mileage.

....although, also see this thread from just a few days ago regarding the Diablo, Strada, and Avon:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4758

al

I could be wrong, but I think the current "equivalent" tire in the Metzeler ST range to the Strada is their Z6 :huh2:

As noted many times, since Pirelli and Metzeler are one and the same company, with tires being made side-by-side in the same factory, *in theory* the Metz should be quite similar.

Here is a review of the new Z6 and some comments on how it compares to the older Z4.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page...x?ArticleID=370

al

Well, I dropped off my Diablos(standard, not Corsa or Strada) at the dealer today, and in theory the bike will be back together in a couple days. I think they'll work great based on the general feedback.

They got the lifters they misplaced, and Mike Rich sent them replacement rings for the ones they cracked. So they should have everything they need.

Keep your fingers crossed.

...of course, I already know that I'll have to spend an entire day going back over the bike myself before I feel 100% confident about the job, but that's just me :)

al

Unless they crack the 2nd set, I work at a car dealer and I have seen it happen before :homer: .

Good luck,

Mike

Well, I dropped off my Diablos(standard, not Corsa or Strada) at the dealer today, and in theory the bike will be back together in a couple days.  I think they'll work great based on the general feedback.

They got the lifters they misplaced, and Mike Rich sent them replacement rings for the ones they cracked.  So they should have everything they need.

Keep your fingers crossed.

...of course, I already know that I'll have to spend an entire day going back over the bike myself before I feel 100% confident about the job, but that's just me :)

al

46802[/snapback]

Unless they crack the 2nd set, I work at a car dealer and I have seen it happen before :homer: .

Good luck,

Mike

46815[/snapback]

...yep, aaaannnnnnnnnnnnd.... they did <_>

Man, they are eating up their profits paying Mike Rich to send them new sets of rings every week :P

BTW, back on the tire topic... what pressures do you run in the Diablos?

al

Al,

I hope I did not jinx you on my last comment :homer: ,

I did see one tech that I work with take three tries on an engine job on a late model Camaro. The low drag rings are very thin and briiiiitttttlllle/sssnnnnaaappe.

I ran into Sean that used to work at Moto Italiano a few years ago and he mentioned that Mike moved back to New Your and is now a truck driver. Humm.

Anyway, back on subject, I use the stock air pressures of 2.2 bar front and 2.4 bar rear for single rider and 2.3 and 2.5 when I ride two up loaded.

Mike

...yep, aaaannnnnnnnnnnnd.... they did  <_>

Man, they are eating up their profits paying Mike Rich to send them new sets of rings every week  :P

BTW, back on the tire topic... what pressures do you run in the Diablos?

al

47220[/snapback]