Hardware torque values for 2004

txrider

I bought a service manual when I got the LeMans thinking all the info I would need would be within those oages. Wrong!

I need torque values for installing the diagonal reinforcement framework that fits behind the transmission. It has following attachments-

1. Capscrews - forward struts to both sides of engine block

2. Long crossbolt going thru transmission bottom

3. Tie in to porkchops, 2 lower and two upper l/h side.

These numbers must be listed somewhere, can someone point me in the right direction? Use standard values for fastener size?

This ought to get you into the ball park:

TORQUE WRENCH SETTINGS

Typical torque wrench settings for Moto Guzzi big twins, from the V1000G5 shop manual

Description -----------------------------------------...................... Setting

Bolts and studs, cylinder head-cylinder to crankcase........4-4.2 kgm (29-30 ft/lbs)

Spark plugs................................................................... 2-3 kgm (14-21 ft/lbs)

Cap screw, oil mist recovery pipe (dia. 12 x 1,5 mm)............4 kgm (29 ft/lbs)

Self locking nut, con-rod caps securing bolts............... 4.6-4.8 kgm (33-34 ft/lbs)

Bolt, rocker pin securing............................................ 0.6-0.8 kgm (4.2-4.5 ft/lbs)

Bolt, flywheel to crankshaft...............................................4.2 kgm (30 ft/lbs)

Nut, gear to camshaft....................................................... 15 kgm (108 ft/lbs)

Screws, intake pipe........................................................... 2 kgm (14 ft/lbs)

Cap screw, oil pipe to cyl head................................... 1.5-1.8 kgm (10.5-12 ft/lbs)

Nut, front and rear engine securing studs to frame................8 kgm (57 ft/lbs)

Nut, layshaft securing..................................................16-18 kgm (115-130 ft/lbs)

Oil filler plug, on gearbox and rear drive box........................3 kgm (21 ft/lbs)

Oil level and drain plugs, gearbox and rear drive box........ 2.5 kgm (18 ft/lbs)

Safety nut, layshaft.........................................................7-8 kgm (50-57 ft/lbs)

Nut, bearing to bevel pinion..........................................18-20 kgm (130-145 ft/lbs)

Screw, crown wheel to hollow spindle.............................4-4.2 kgm (29-30 ft-lbs)

Bolts, cradle to frame securing........................................... 8 kgm (57 ft/lbs)

Nut, cradle to frame securing screws...................................8 kgm (57 ft/lbs)

Cap nuts, swing arm spindle.............................................. 8 kgm (57 ft/lbs)

Nuts, drive box to swing arm...........................................3.5 kgm (25 ft/lbs)

Top plugs, front fork.................................................. 12-15 kgm (87-108 ft/lbs)

Nut, front and rear wheel spindle................................. 14-15 kgm (100-108 ft/lbs)

Bush, steering lock..................................................... 17-18 kgm (122-130 ft/lbs)

Brake caliper bolts, 8x1.25mm................................... 2.3-2.5 kgm (16.6-18.1 ft/lbs)

Brake caliper fixing bolts, 10x1.5mm...........................3.5-3.8 kgm (25.3-27 ft/lbs)

Standard settings

Screws and nuts, dia. 6 mm (.23")............................. 0.8-1.2 kgm (4.5-8 ft/lbs)

Screws and nuts, dia. 8 mm (.31")................................ 2.5-3 kgm (18-21 ft/lbs)

Screws and nuts, dia. 10 mm (.39")...............................4.5-5 kgm (33-37 ft/lbs)